Born in the south east of Ireland, Simon put his life-long love of football to good use when he started a successful independent blog in 2010. That opened up an alternative route to a career in journalism, and having had work published across a number of sites and publications, Simon joined the staff at Spotlight Sports Group in 2018.
The Premier League campaign continues to hurtle along at breakneck speed, and below, we’ve compiled some choice cards and corners predictions for the midweek action.
We’ve split our selections into two parts this week, with separate cards and corners trebles for the top flight fixtures on Wednesday and Thursday evening.
Remember – you can find detailed analysis and free betting tips for all of the midweek matches on our Premier League predictions page.
Best bookmaker for cards and corners betting?
All of our tips and prices are quoted with bet365. They have the best range of markets for cards and corners as well as everything from match and team markets to Asian lines and handicaps for the more experienced bettors. We recommend you sign up for a bet365 account if you want to bet on cards and corners, or you can bet on mobile using their iOS app. New customers can claim up to £100 in bet credits.
Cards and corners predictions for Wednesday
Burnley vs Leicester City
- Only three clubs have won fewer corners at home in the Premier League than Burnley this season.
- Burnley’s home matches have averaged 9.0 corners per 90 minutes overall this term.
- Just 9.0 corners were awarded when Burnley last played Leicester City at Turf Moor.
Betting tip: Under 11.0 corners @4/6
Sheffield United vs Aston Villa
- The aggregate corner count from Aston Villa’s last two meetings with Sheffield United reads 22-8 in the Villains’ favour.
- Only four clubs have won more Premier League corners on the road than Aston Villa this season.
- Only three clubs have won more Premier League corners overall than Dean Smith’s side this term.
Betting tip: Aston Villa -1.0 corner handicap @21/20
Crystal Palace vs Manchester United
- Man Utd are averaging just 4.48 corners per Premier League away game this season.
- That places Man Utd all the way down in 10th in the division for that metric.
- Crystal Palace are conceding only 4.47 corners per Premier League home game on average this term.
Betting tip: Under 6.5 Man Utd team corners @4/6
Cards and corners predictions for Thursday
West Brom vs Everton
- 12.0 corners were awarded to both teams combined when Everton and WBA last met in September last year.
- West Brom’s home game rank third in the league for most corners awarded per 90 minutes (10.92)
- Both WBA and Everton rank in the league’s top five for most average corners conceded per game this season.
Betting tip: Over 10.0 corners @6/5
Fulham vs Tottenham Hotspur
- With 29 yellow and two reds, Fulham have collected more cards at home than any other Premier League team this season.
- Fulham have committed more fouls on average per game (12.8) than any other team in the division this term.
- Fulham picked up two cards to Tottenham’s one when the teams last faced off back in January.
Betting tip: Fulham +0.0 card handicap @5/6
Liverpool vs Chelsea
- Just one player was carded in the last two meetings between Liverpool and Chelsea combined.
- No club has picked up fewer Premier League cards this season than Liverpool (29).
- Liverpool have picked up fewer cards than any other club in Premier League home matches this term (13).
Betting tip: Under 3.5 cards @5/6
More betting news:
- 11 hours ago
- 1 day ago