Born in the south east of Ireland, Simon put his life-long love of football to good use when he started a successful independent blog in 2010. That opened up an alternative route to a career in journalism, and having had work published across a number of sites and publications, Simon joined the staff at Spotlight Sports Group in 2018.
The always captivating Champions League takes centre stage again this week, when some of Europe’s biggest and best teams meet to contest the second legs of their Last 16 ties on Tuesday and Wednesday evening.
With that in mind, our latest cards and corners predictions have a distinct continental flavour, and we’ve been poring over the numbers to find you the best Champions League betting tips and predictions for those markets.
Keep reading to see our cards and corners tips for this week’s quartet of Champions League fixtures plus our 28/1 acca!
Remember – you can find detailed analysis and free betting tips for all of the week’s matches on our Champions League predictions page.
Best bookmaker for cards and corners betting?
All of our tips and prices are quoted with bet365. They have the best range of markets for cards and corners as well as everything from match and team markets to Asian lines and handicaps for the more experienced bettors. We recommend you sign up for a bet365 account if you want to bet on cards and corners, or you can bet on mobile using their iOS app. New customers can claim up to £100 in bet credits.
28/1 Champions League cards and corners acca
- Borussia Dortmund have collected fewer cards than any other team in the Champions League this season.
- Dortmund didn’t pick up a single card in any of their Champions League group home matches this season.
- Sevilla have amassed 15 cards to Dortmund’s three in the tournament to date.
Betting tip: Sevilla +0.0 card handicap @6/5
- 12 corners were awarded to both teams combined in the first leg between Juventus and FC Porto.
- Three of Juventus’ last four Champions League fixtures have returned nine corners or more.
- Juventus’ last four Champions League games have averaged 10.25 corners per 90 minutes.
Betting tip: Over 9.0 corners @1/1
- No other team has collected more cards in the Champions League than RB Leipzig this season (21).
- RB Leipzig picked up five cards to Liverpool’s two in the teams’ first-leg clash last month.
- Domestically, only Man City have gathered fewer cards than Liverpool this season.
Betting tip: RB Leipzig -1.0 card handicap @12/5
- Just one player in total was booked when PSG and Barcelona faced off in the first leg last month.
- Barcelona have picked up an average of just 1.4 cards per Champions League game this season.
- Barcelona have collected a total of just five cards in three Champions League away trips this term.
Betting tip: Under 3.5 cards @1/1
Champions League stats
Free Super Tips is the home of the best free football tips around. Make sure to check out our Premier League Predictions, Champions League Predictions and Europa League Predictions for the best football betting tips.
- 5 hours ago
- Betting Odds
- 1 day ago
- Featured News