Real Betis vs Atletico Madrid Predictions
- La Liga TV
- Click to Stream on bet365
- Bet Tip
- Sign Up
- Bet Tip
- Sign Up
- Nine of Atletico Madrid’s last ten games in all competitions have produced under 2.5 goals.
- Five of Real Betis’ last six league matches have also generated less than three goals.
- Under 2.5 goals have been netted in all but one of the last nine meetings between the teams.
- Real Betis have won five of their last six home games and have lost just one of their last nine starts at Benito Villamarin.
Betis capable of holding league leaders
The pressure is mounting on league leaders Atletico Madrid after their 1-0 defeat at Sevilla last weekend and Diego Simeone’s men face another nervy ninety minutes in Andalusia this Sunday.
Atleti’s reverse at Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan allowed chasers Barcelona and Real Madrid to close up to one and three points respectively at the top of the table and Los Colchoneros could be displaced come the end of Matchday 30 depending on the result here and Saturday night’s El Classico contest.
Atleti will be hoping for a draw between their title rivals, but they must focus on their own matters and they face a tough task against a Betis side who have won five of their last six at Benito Villamarin.
With Simeone’s side winning just one of their last four league starts on the road (D2, L1), we think a draw is the most likely result on Sunday night and we’re tipping up a 1-1 correct score.
Our main wager though is on under 2.5 goals, which has been the outcome in all but one of Atleti’s last ten games in all competitions and in eight of the last nine encounters between these teams. Five of Betis’ last six league outings have also generated less than three goals, so we can be fairly sure that this will be a tight battle as the visitors look to eek out a vital win.
*To use the Live Streaming service you will need to be logged in and have a funded account or to have placed a bet in the last 24 hours