Born in the south east of Ireland, Simon put his life-long love of football to good use when he started a successful independent blog in 2010. That opened up an alternative route to a career in journalism, and having had work published across a number of sites and publications, Simon joined the staff at Spotlight Sports Group in 2018.
Analysing the Premier League has never been more of a numbers game, and we’ve been crunching the numbers to find backable patterns among the reams of statistics and figures again this week.
With those key numbers and statistics in mind, we’ve distilled data from the Premier League’s fixtures on Saturday and Sunday to come up with a selection of betting tips from some of the less favoured markets.
Check out our selections below along with our 21/1 Premier League stat attack acca.
For more detailed analysis of each of the weekend’s top flight games, we recommend you check out our Premier League predictions page for the latest match previews.
Best bookmaker for football betting?
All of our tips and prices are quoted with bet365. They have the best range of markets for all of your Premier League betting needs and to suit our stats-based selections. We recommend you sign up for a bet365 account if you want to bet on cards and corners, or you can bet on mobile using their iOS app. New customers can claim up to £100 in bet credits.
21/1 Premier League stat attack acca
Newcastle vs West Ham
West Ham can move up to a lofty third place if they can manufacture a victory over an almost safe Newcastle at St. James’ Park.
- West Ham have been in front at the break in four of their last five Premier League matches.
- Newcastle have been trailing at half-time in each of their last three Premier League fixtures.
- Only Sheffield United (seven) have scored fewer first half goals than Newcastle (ten) this season.
Betting tip: Half-time result: West Ham @7/4
Wolves vs Sheffield United
Bottom club Sheffield United travel to Molineux in search of pride and points. Can the Blades upset the odds against Wanderers?
- Sheffield United have scored just seven away goals in the Premier League this season.
- Sheffield United have notched a goal inside 33 minutes just once in their last 11 matches.
- 100% of Wolves’ last 12 league goals have been scored after the 33rd minute.
Betting tip: Early goal (before 33:00 mins) – no @5/6
Arsenal vs Fulham
Fulham desperately need a win to rekindle their flickering survival hopes when they cross the capital to take on London rivals Arsenal.
- Arsenal have been level at half time in nine of their 15 Premier League home games this season.
- Fulham have been level at the break in eight of their 15 away league assignments this term.
- The last four Premier League fixtures involving Fulham have all been level at the interval.
Betting tip: Half-time result: draw @11/10
Manchester United vs Burnley
Can Manchester United tighten their grip on second spot with a win over Lancashire neighbours Burnley at Old Trafford?
- Man Utd have scored 18 league goals in the second half of their league games at Old Trafford this season compared to 13 in the first.
- United have plundered 38 goals in the second half of their league matches overall compared to a more modest 23 in the first.
- Seven of the last ten goals scored by Man Utd against Burnley arrived after the half-time interval.
Betting tip: Home team highest scoring half – second @21/10
More betting news:
- 1 day ago
- Free Tips
- 2 days ago
- Bet Builders