Born in the south east of Ireland, Simon put his life-long love of football to good use when he started a successful independent blog in 2010. That opened up an alternative route to a career in journalism, and having had work published across a number of sites and publications, Simon joined the staff at Spotlight Sports Group in 2018.
There is another full slate of Premier League fixtures to look forward to this weekend, and our search for the best cards and corners predictions is focused on Sunday’s five top flight tussles.
We’ve done all the heavy lifting and deep diving research to bring you Premier League cards and corners tips based around those five contests – plus, we’ve combined our selections into one huge 24/1 accumulator below.
Remember – you can find detailed analysis and free betting tips for all of the top-flight mid-week matches on our Premier League predictions page.
Best bookmaker for cards and corners betting?
All of our tips and prices are quoted with bet365. They have the best range of markets for cards and corners as well as everything from match and team markets to Asian lines and handicaps for the more experienced bettors. We recommend you sign up for a bet365 account if you want to bet on cards and corners, or you can bet on mobile using their iOS app. New customers can claim up to £100 in bet credits.
24/1 Premier League cards and corners accumulator
Leicester City vs Arsenal
- A whopping eight players were booked when Leicester and Arsenal squared off at the Emirates Stadium in October.
- Only three clubs have collected more cards on the road than Arsenal (24) in the Premier League this season.
- The Gunners have gathered more red cards (five) than any other team in the division this term.
Betting tip: Over 3.5 cards @8/11
Crystal Palace vs Fulham
- Just eight corners were awarded to both teams combined when Palace last played Fulham in October.
- Only three clubs have won fewer corners at home than Crystal Palace in the Premier League this season.
- Fulham’s fixtures rank second last this season for average corners awarded per game (9.32).
Betting tip: Under 10.0 corners @1/1
Tottenham Hotspur vs Burnley
- Only Crystal Palace and West Brom have won fewer total corners than Burnley this season.
- Burnley are one of just five teams to have won fewer corners than Tottenham this term.
- Only Fulham have won fewer total corners at home than Tottenham in 2020/21.
Betting tip: Under 11.0 corners @4/6
Chelsea vs Manchester United
- Only five clubs have collected more cards in the Premier League than Manchester United this season.
- Only three clubs have picked up fewer cards at home in the league than Chelsea this term.
- Only two clubs have committed more fouls on average per away game than Manchester United (10.3) in 2020/21.
Betting tip: Manchester United +0.0 card handicap @6/5
Sheffield United vs Liverpool
- Sheffield United have picked up more yellow cards than any other Premier League team this season (48).
- Only Fulham have collected more cards (read and yellow) overall than the Blades.
- Sheffield United had three players cautioned when they last played Liverpool in October.
Betting tip: Over 1.5 Sheffield United team cards @1/1
Best value single: John Lundstram to get booked @11/4
Hard-working Sheffield United midfielder John Lundstram tops the ill-discipline charts at the Blades with six bookings in 17 Premier League starts this term, and the 27-year-old looks a prime candidate to have his name taken again when he faces Liverpool.
Lundstram was cautioned at Anfield in the reverse fixture between the teams last year, and the tough tackling stalwart should have plenty of challenges to get through in Sunday’s rematch.
More FST News:
- 3 hours ago
- Sky Super 6
- 7 hours ago
- Betting Odds