Born in the south east of Ireland, Simon put his life-long love of football to good use when he started a successful independent blog in 2010. That opened up an alternative route to a career in journalism, and having had work published across a number of sites and publications, Simon joined the staff at Spotlight Sports Group in 2018.
Analysing the Premier League has never been more of a numbers game, and we’ve been crunching the numbers to find backable patterns among the reams of statistics and figures again this week.
With those key numbers and statistics in mind, we’ve distilled data from some of the weekend’s Premier League fixtures to come up with a selection of betting tips from some of the less favoured markets.
Check out our selections below along with our 47/1 Premier League stat attack acca.
For more detailed analysis of each of the weekend’s top flight games, we recommend you check out our Premier League predictions page for the latest match previews.
Best bookmaker for football betting?
All of our tips and prices are quoted with bet365. They have the best range of markets for all of your Premier League betting needs and to suit our stats-based selections. We recommend you sign up for a bet365 account if you want to bet on cards and corners, or you can bet on mobile using their iOS app. New customers can claim up to £100 in bet credits.
47/1 Premier League Stat Attack Acca
West Brom vs Brighton
West Brom’s survival hopes are dwindling and nothing but a win will suffice for the Baggies against Graham Potters Seagulls at the Hawthorns on Saturday.
- An early goal (before 31:00 minutes) was scored in 100% of West Brom’s last eight Premier League home games.
- In seven of those eight games, the net rippled before the 15-minute mark.
- Three of the last five goals scored by WBA at the Hawthorns were notched inside the first 30 minutes.
Betting tip: Early goal before 31:00 @5/6
Newcastle vs Wolves
Newcastle are just about keeping their necks above water, but another defeat against Wolves on Saturday would see the Magpies’ relegation odds slashed.
- Wolves have been drawing at half time in 13 of their 25 Premier League fixtures this season.
- Newcastle have been level with their opponents in 12 of their 25 Premier League matches this term.
- Newcastle and Wolves have been all square at half time in each of their last two league encounters.
Betting tip: Half time result – draw @1/1
Crystal Palace vs Fulham
Can the Cottagers maintain their late survival push when they cross London to take on Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park?
- Five of Fulham’s last six Premier League goals were notched after the half time interval.
- The Cottagers’ goal against Crystal Palace in the team’s last meeting in October was struck after half time.
- Nine of the last 17 goals conceded at home by Palace were shipped in the second period.
Betting tip: Away team highest scoring half – second @6/4
Tottenham Hotspur vs Burnley
Under-fire Jose Mourinho needs a positive result and performance against Burnley in what could prove a tricky test for Tottenham in North London.
- Tottenham didn’t score a single first half goal in each of their last six Premier League fixtures.
- Spurs didn’t hit a first half goal in four of their last five league meetings with Burnley.
- Burnley conceded just one first half goal in their last four top flight tussles.
Betting tip: Tottenham to score in the first half – no @11/10
Sheffield United vs Liverpool
With their title all but relinquished, Liverpool need a win at bottom club Sheffield United to get their top four challenge back on track.
- Sheffield United scored exactly one when they played Liverpool at Anfield earlier this season.
- Liverpool have shipped exactly one goal in three of their last four Premier League away matches, and in six of their last nine assignments on the road overall.
- The Blades have scored exactly one goal in four of their last eight league games.
Betting tip: Home team exact goals – one @6/4
A 5-fold accumulator featuring out Premier League stats selections above is available at 47/1 odds with bet365!
Remember – you can find detailed breakdowns of all the week’s club football fixtures with betting tips for each game on our Premier League betting tips page.
More FST News:
- 8 hours ago
- Free Tips
- 2 days ago
- Free Tips