Born in the south east of Ireland, Simon put his life-long love of football to good use when he started a successful independent blog in 2010. That opened up an alternative route to a career in journalism, and having had work published across a number of sites and publications, Simon joined the staff at Spotlight Sports Group in 2018.
Tottenham Hotspur host West Ham under the lights in North London on Tuesday evening, in a what promises to be a captivating Premier League clash in the capital.
Despite their sluggish re-start against Man Utd last week, a top five finish is still the aim for Spurs this season, while West Ham remain deeply embroiled in a relegation dogfight following their disappointing reverse at home to Wolves.
Tottenham came out on the right side of a five-goal thriller when they last faced off against West Ham in November – a fixture that kicked off the Jose Mourinho era in style in the Portuguese manager’s first match in charge.
Tuesday’s re-match has all the makings of another thriller, and we’ve put together a 40/1 OddsOnThat special to match with Betfair!
Read on to see our five-part selection and make sure to check out our Tottenham Hotspur vs West Ham predictions to read our expert’s betting tips and detailed analysis for the game.
What is Betfair’s #OddsOnThat?
Betfair’s #OddsOnThat feature allows you create a customised multiples bet based on your own unique picks ahead of a particular football match. You can choose from a huge variety of markets and once you have decided on your selection, you can request a price for your acca from Betfair on Twitter using the #OddsOnThat hashtag.
Want to add FST’s 40/1 selection straight to your betslip? Check it out below:
Tottenham vs West Ham #OOT special
Tottenham to Win
- West Ham were beaten in each of their last six Premier League away games.
- Tottenham won three of their last four meetings with West Ham in all competitions.
- Spurs lost just three of their last 13 Premier League home matches.
- West Ham won just one of their last nine Premier League fixtures overall.
Both teams to score
- Both teams registered in four of Tottenham’s last six Premier League home games.
- Both teams found the net in five of the last seven meetings between Spurs and West Ham.
- Goals were scored by both teams in 60% of Spurs’ total Premier League home fixtures this season.
- Both teams scored in five of West Ham’s last nine league assignments.
Son Heung-Min to Score anytime
- Son opened the scoring for Spurs when they beat West Ham 3-2 earlier this season.
- The Korea Republic star has scored four times against the Hammers since 2017.
- Son bagged six goals in his last six appearances for Tottenham.
- Only Harry Kane has scored more goals overall this season so far for Spurs than Son.
Issa Diop to be carded
- Issa Diop has been booked eight times in 23 Premier League appearances for West Ham this season.
- The French defender was shown a yellow card when West Ham lost to Spurs in November.
- Diop has collected more cards than any other West Ham players so far this season.
- Tottenham’s players are the 7th most fouled personnel in the Premier League in 2019/20.
Tottenham -1 corner handicap
- Tottenham won seven corners to West Ham’s three when the teams last met in November.
- Only five Premier League clubs have conceded more corners on average per game than West Ham this season (6.17).
- Spurs won more corners than their opponents in four of their last six Premier League home games, beating the -1 handicap three times.
More FST news
- 1 day ago
- 1 day ago