Born in the south east of Ireland, Simon put his life-long love of football to good use when he started a successful independent blog in 2010. That opened up an alternative route to a career in journalism, and having had work published across a number of sites and publications, Simon joined the staff at Spotlight Sports Group in 2018.
Liverpool’s incessant pursuit of the Premier League title continued at the weekend with a narrow victory over Wolves at Anfield, and the Reds’ unrelenting advance towards domestic glory shows no signs of slowing down.
Next up for Jurgen Klopp’s table toppers is an assignment against this season’s surprise package Sheffield United, and while the newly promoted outfit will arrive on Merseyside as underdogs, the Blades have a sharp enough edge to make life uncomfortable for their hosts.
The size of Sheffield United’s task on Thursday remains colossal however, as they prepare to test their mettle against a Liverpool team that hasn’t tasted defeat in front of the Kop for 50 Premier League fixtures.
Ahead of what promises to be an intriguing evening of Anfield action, we’ve put together a cracking looking customised selection for the game with bet365’s Bet Builder.
Make sure to take a look at the rest of our in depth Premier League predictions and betting tips too!
What is bet365’s Bet Builder?
Bet Builder allows you create the bet YOU want on any football match. You can choose from a list of the most popular markets and once you have added them to your bet, you can calculate the odds from your customised selection.
For example, you could combine first goalscorer, both teams to score, the total number of corners and the full-time result to create one single bet with the price for your multi-part selection.
You can add up to 6 separate markets to your Bet Builder selection, and your odds will update automatically each time you add a new selection.
Once you are finished and happy with your selections, select the price displayed on the Bet Builder slip and your unique bet will be added to your bet slip.
You can read about bet365’s Bet Builder in more detail here and you can sign up to bet365 and get up to £100 in bet credits using the banner below.
We’ve picked out a range of selections below that we think are worth considering for Thursday’s contest, so check them out and don’t forget to check out our Liverpool vs Sheffield United predictions here too.
Liverpool vs Sheffield United Bet Builder Tips
Liverpool half time/full time
- Liverpool have been winning at half-time and full-time in 11 of their last 12 home league matches.
- Liverpool won 40 and drew 10 of their last 50 Premier League fixtures at Anfield.
- Sheffield United won just two of their 10 Premier League away matches this season.
Sadio Mané to score anytime
- Liverpool’s Sadio Mané was involved in 21 goals in his 19 Premier League home games in 2019, scoring 18 and assisting three at Anfield; more than any other Premier League player at home in the calendar year.
- Mané scored Liverpool’s winner in their last Anfield runout against Wolves.
- Sadio Mané is Liverpool’s top scorer in the Premier League this season with 10 goals.
Enda Stevens to get booked
- Only John Fleck (five) has been booked more often in the Premier League for Sheffield United this season than Republic of Ireland international Enda Stevens (four).
- 100% of Stevens’ yellow cards this season were picked up in fixtures away from Bramall Lane.
- Stevens ranks joint first at Sheffield United this season for average fouls committed per Premier League game (1.2).
Under 4 goals for both teams combined
- Liverpool’s last two Premier League matches at Anfield saw just three goals in total scored. Under 2.5 goals were scored in four of their last seven competitive games overall.
- Under 2.5 goals were scored in six of Sheffield United’s last seven fixtures.
- Sheffield United are yet to concede more than two goals in an away game this season.
- Just one goal was scored when Liverpool and Sheffield United faced off at Bramall Lane earlier in the season, and that goal arrived via a Dean Henderson’s howler.
Over 10 corners for both teams combined
- An average of 10.73 corners were awarded in Liverpool’s Premier League matches this season.
- The equivalent figure from Sheffield United’s fixtures stands at 11.05.
- 11 corners were won by both teams combined in Liverpool’s reverse league meeting with Sheffield United earlier in the season.
Liverpool vs Sheffield United Bet Builder Odds
This is just a small sample of our favourite selections available using bet365’s Bet Builder feature for Thursday’s exciting contest at Anfield, and adding these to your own Bet Builder delivers some tasty returns at a price of 50/1
Click the banner below to go straight to the bet365 Bet Builder section for Liverpool vs Sheffield United!
- 7 hours ago
- Betting Odds
- 11 hours ago
- Betting Odds