Attentions retune to Premier League frequencies again this weekend following some pulsating mid-week continental rhythms and on Sunday, supporters have four cracking top-flight fixtures to look forward to.
Outside the usual favourite match results and goals markets this weekend, there are some potentially lucrative cards and corners options to delve in to, and while they do require a bit of extra leg work to research, they often contain a lot of extra value.
Ahead of the Sunday’s Premier League fixtures, we’ve dived head first into the numbers once again to bring you the very best cards and corners betting tips and predictions this week, which we’ve combined into a tasty looking x/1 accumulator!
Not satisfied with just cards and corners predictions? You can find the rest of our betting tips over on our Premier League predictions page.
Best bookmaker for cards and corners betting?
All of our tips and prices are quoted with bet365. They have the best range of markets for cards and corners as well as everything from match and team markets to Asian lines and handicaps for the more experienced bettors. We recommend you sign up for a bet365 account if you want to bet on cards and corners, or you can bet on mobile using their iOS app. New customers can claim up to £100 in bet credits.
- Only Leicester (16) have collected more cards than Aston Villa (13) so far this season
- In comparison, Southampton have picked up just nine bookings in the Premier League so far.
- Remarkably, just two of those cautions were picked up in games away from St. Mary’s Stadium.
Betting tip: Aston Villa +0.0 Card Handicap @7/5
- Only two clubs have won fewer corners per Premier League game on average than Newcastle (3.4) so far this term.
- Everton have won 5.4 corners per game in the league on average since the summer.
- The Toffees won more corners (6-4, 8-5) than the Magpies in each of the teams’ Premier League tussles last season.
Betting tip: Everton Corner Match Bet @1/2
- Luke Shaw has already been booked twice in five Premier League games this season.
- The fullback was cautioned a whopping 21 times in his last 54 league appearances for the Red Devils.
- Shaw ranks third at United for average fouls (1.4) conceded per Premier League game this term.
Betting tip: Luke Shaw to be Booked @6/4
Shaw also features in our huge 50/1 #OddsOnThat for Man Utd’s clash with Arsenal on Sunday. Check out the rest of our selections in our special feature.
- Only five clubs have won more corner kicks at home than Tottenham so far this season.
- Spurs won nine corners to Brighton’s two when the sides last faced off in North London.
- The Seagulls won just nine corners combined on their last three trips to play Spurs since 2017, conceding 25 at the other end.
Betting tip: Tottenham Hotspur -2.0 corner handicap @ 6/5
Best value single: John McGinn to be booked
We’ve tipped Aston Villa to collect more cards than Southampton on Sunday, and combative Scottish midfielder John McGinn looks primed to add to the Villains’ haul of cautions.
The all-action 26-year-old has been booked three times in just five Premier league appearances so far this season, and his tough-tackling approach makes him a cracking price at 10/3 to land himself in trouble with the officials again.