With the first international break of the season behind us, Premier League action returns to pitches and screens this weekend with a full 10-match programme scheduled to be played between Saturday and Monday.
Running alongside the more popular match result and goals markets for this weekend’s games, are the often overlooked but equally lucrative corners and cards options offered by the bookies.
Those particular markets require some extra elbow-grease and research to find trends worth backing – and that can sometimes be a little off-putting.
However, at FST we’ve done all the hard work to bring you the very best value in the Premier League corners and cards markets each week.
Don’t forget – You can also take a look at all of our other predictions and betting tips for the weekend’s action on our Premier League homepage.
Best bookmaker for cards and corners betting?
All of our tips and prices are quoted with bet365. They have the best range of markets for cards and corners. Everything from match and team markets to Asian lines and handicaps for the more experienced bettors. We recommend you sign up for a bet365 account if you want to bet on cards and corners. New customers can claim up to £100 in bet credits.
Liverpool vs Newcastle
- Newcastle have amassed eight bookings in four Premier League games this season – which works out at an average of just two per 90 minutes
- Just two Liverpool players (Fabinho and Trent Alexander-Arnold) have received Premier League cautions so far in 2019/20.
- Newcastle averaged just 0.83 bookings in away fixtures against the Premier League’s top six last season.
Betting Tip: Under 2.5 cards at 4/5
Norwich vs Manchester City
- Man City won more corners away to teams from the Premier League’s bottom 14 teams than any other club last season (109).
- An average of 10.21 corners were won by both teams combined across those games.
- An average of 11 corners per 90 minutes were awarded to both teams in Norwich City’s Premier League fixtures so far this season.
Betting Tip: Over 10 corners at 1/1
Bournemouth vs Everton
- Everton’s players amassed eight yellow cards and one red card in the Blues’ two Premier League meetings with Bournemouth last season.
- The Toffees have collected seven yellow and one red card already this season.
- Everton picked up an average of 2.23 bookings per game in away games against the Premier League’s bottom 14 clubs last season – only Man Utd accumulated more.
Betting Tip: Everton – over 1.5 team cards at 8/15
Watford vs Arsenal
- An average of 11 corners were won by both teams in Watford’s Premier League games this season.
- The equivalent statistic from Arsenal’s top flight fixtures so far stands at 12.
- An average of 11.33 corners were awarded to both sides combined in Watford’s Premier League fixtures against teams from the top six in 2018/19.
Betting Tip: Over 10 corners at 11/10
Aston Villa vs West Ham
- West Ham picked up more bookings than their opponents in two of their four Premier League matches this season. They picked up the same number of yellows as the other two in their respective fixtures against them.
- Just two of the six yellow cards collected by Aston Villa this season were handed out at Villa Park.
- Only seven teams have committed fewer fouls per home game on average than Aston Villa in the Premier League this season.
Betting Tip: Card Handicap – West Ham 0
Remember – you can find more predictions and betting tips for this weekend’s Premier League matches in our match preview section.
All New Corners and Cards Acca
Single bets are all well and good, but everyone loves a cheeky odds-boosting acca! This weekend we’ve gone for a tasty looking 25/1 5-fold featuring our Premier League selections from above.