- Arena Pantanal (Cuiaba)
- BBC iPlayer/BBC Sport Website
- Click to Stream on bet365
- Colombia have conceded at least twice in four of their last five starts.
- Reinaldo Rueda’s side have shipped 14 in total across those games but have managed to score eight themselves.
- Five of Ecuador’s last six outings have produced over 2.5 goals.
- Ecuador have netted 16 times across those fixtures but have also failed to keep a single clean sheet.
Chaotic clash anticipated in Cuiaba
The questionable format of this year’s Copa America could well influence some cagey games early on, but Colombia’s clash with Ecuador in Cuiaba this Monday should be end to end based on how open both sides have been in recent outings.
Four teams from each pool of five qualify for the quarter-finals and a number of low scoring encounters are likely as teams ensure they avoid bottom spot in their section, though this pair only know one way of playing.
All of Ecuador’s last six games have generated over 2.5 goals with Gustavo Alvaro’s men smashing in 16 goals across those fixtures – six of which being notched against Colombia in World Cup Qualifying last November.
Tricolor are undoubtedly overpriced here based on that result, though they come into this tie following back to back defeats against Brazil (2-0) and Peru (1-2), with the latter effort enough to curb our enthusiasm for backing Ecuador this Monday.
Those results extended Ecuador’s run of matches without a clean sheet to eight and over 2.5 goals with both teams to score rates the best bet for this contest, with Colombia conceding at least twice in four of their last five starts but also managing eight goals of their own in that spell.
This should be an absolute cracker for the neutrals and with things expected to be closer this time around, we’re also forecasting a 2-2 correct score.
*To use the Live Streaming service you will need to be logged in and have a funded account or to have placed a bet in the last 24 hours
- 30 Jul