- Estadio Nacional de Brasilia
- BBC iPlayer/BBC Sport Website
- Click to Stream on bet365
- Venezuela have drawn two of their three Group B games and three of their last four matches overall.
- The last three meetings between the two nations have finished all square.
- A point will be enough to seal Venezuela’s progress to the quarter-finals if Ecuador are beaten by Brazil.
Convenient draw could be on the cards in Brasilia
It’s stick or twist for Venezuela on Sunday night in their final Group B game against Peru in Brasilia as La Vinotinto aim to book their spot in the quarter-finals of the Copa America.
Venezuela sit bottom of the group going into the final round of matches in Group B, however, only inferior goal difference separates them from fourth placed Ecuador.
With the Ecuadorians facing an unenviable task against hosts and tournament favourites Brazil, a point is likely to suffice here for Jose Peseiro’s men to get them through to the last eight.
A draw would also suit Peru as they’re two points ahead in third but not yet certain to qualify, and a defeat for them in Brasilia, coupled with a shock victory for Ecuador over Brazil, would send Ricardo Gareca’s side packing.
We don’t envisage Peru losing this though based on their fine efforts in the last two games, while Venezuela look capable of toughing out a point after drawing two of their three group outings and three of their last four internationals overall.
Throw in the last three meetings between these nations which have all finished level, and there’s a strong case to be made for a draw in this one, and it could also end goalless should both teams be content not to force the issue.
*To use the Live Streaming service you will need to be logged in and have a funded account or to have placed a bet in the last 24 hours
- 30 Jul