Born in the south east of Ireland, Simon put his life-long love of football to good use when he started a successful independent blog in 2010. That opened up an alternative route to a career in journalism, and having had work published across a number of sites and publications, Simon joined the staff at Spotlight Sports Group in 2018.
Analysing the Premier League has never been more of a numbers game, and we’ve been crunching the numbers to find backable patterns among the reams of statistics and figures again this week.
With those key numbers and statistics in mind, we’ve distilled data from the Premier League’s latest fixture slate to come up with a selection of betting tips from some of the less favoured markets.
Check out our selections below along with our 41/1 Premier League stat attack acca.
For more detailed analysis of each of the weekend’s top flight games, we recommend you check out our Premier League predictions page for the latest match previews.
Best bookmaker for football betting?
All of our tips and prices are quoted with bet365. They have the best range of markets for all of your Premier League betting needs and to suit our stats-based selections. We recommend you sign up for a bet365 account if you want to bet on the Premier League, or you can bet on mobile using their iOS app. New customers can claim up to £100 in bet credits.
41/1 Premier League stat attack acca
Arsenal vs Everton
Everton haven’t won away at Arsenal since 1996, though the Toffees have been potent on the road this season and they will arrive in London ready for a shootout with the Gunners.
- Arsenal have held a half time lead in just two of their 16 Premier League home games this season.
- Everton have been behind at half time in just three of their 15 Premier League away matches this term.
- The teams were level at the break in each of the last two meetings between Arsenal and Everton at The Emirates Stadium.
Betting tip: Half-time result – draw @11/10
Liverpool vs Newcastle
After a disappointing evening in Yorkshire on Monday, Liverpool aim to get their top-four challenge back on track against Steve Bruce’s Newcastle.
- Newcastle have scored just two first half goals in their Premier League away games this season.
- The Magpies have plundered 11 goals in the second half of their away matches however.
- Liverpool have kept just one clean sheet in their last ten Premier League home assignments.
Betting tip: Away team highest scoring half – second @5/2
West Ham United vs Chelsea
London rivals and top-four chasers West Ham and Chelsea face-off in what promises to be a captivating clash in the capital on Saturday.
- West Ham have scored the first goal in four of their last six Premier League matches.
- The Irons have notched first in each of their last five home league assignments.
- West Ham have only conceded one goal inside the opening 30 minutes of their home league fixtures in 2020/21.
Betting tip: Team to score first – West Ham @7/4
Sheffield United vs Brighton
Already relegated Sheffield United are playing for pride as the Blades welcome Graham Potter’s impressive Seagulls to Bramall Lane.
- 15 of the last 23 goals scored in Sheffield United’s league games were notched after the half time interval.
- Nine of the last 12 goals registered in Brighton’s league matches were scored in the second half.
- Both goals scored in Brighton’s meeting with Sheffield United earlier this season were hit in the second half.
Betting tip: Highest scoring half – second @11/10
More betting news:
To squeeze every drop of value out of today’s Football Predictions and Tomorrow’s Football Predictions we highly recommend you take a look at our Free Bets hub, where you can compare all the best free bets and special offers from the best sportsbooks around.
- 1 day ago
- 2 days ago