After a weekend of FA Cup action, our midweek attentions turn towards another domestic cup as four teams battle it out for a place in the Carabao Cup Final.
Among the two semi-final fixtures, one of them is the clear stand out clash: Manchester United’s trip to the Etihad on Wednesday evening. The blue half of Manchester comes into this home tie with a comfortable 3-1 aggregate cushion after their scintillating performance at Old Trafford, but Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s Red Devils have been known to upset the apple cart a few times over the past couple of years.
With Manchester United forced to go on the offensive from the first whistle in order to reverse this deficit, it makes for a very interesting battle. To help you get in the mood for the clash, we’ve analysed the game and put together a special #OOT accumulator.
Check it out below, and make sure to check the rest of our Manchester City vs Manchester United predictions here.
What is Betfair’s #OddsOnThat?
Betfair’s Odds on That feature allows you create a customised multiples bet based on your own unique picks ahead of a particular football match. You can choose from a huge variety of markets and once you have decided on your selection, you can request a price for your acca from Betfair on Twitter using the #OddsOnThat hashtag.
Manchester City vs Manchester United 125/1 #OOT
Man City to Win and BTTS
- Manchester City have won eight of their last nine competitive games and five of their last six at home.
- Manchester United have lost five of their last 10 away games in all competitions.
- The Citizens have seen both teams score in nine of their last 11 competitive home games.
- Both teams to score has landed in four of the last five Manchester derbies.
Ilkay Gundogan to be Carded
- Gundogan has taken part in three of Manchester City’s four Carabao Cup games this season.
- The German midfielder has been booked more than any other Man City player this season, racking up seven yellow cards in total.
- These seven bookings have come in his last 19 domestic appearances, averaging a booking every 2.7 matches.
Harry Maguire to be Carded
- Manchester United picked up three yellow cards in the first leg of this tie at Old Trafford.
- With Manchester United forced to go on the attack, Harry Maguire will be the last line of defence against what is likely to be a large number of counter attacks.
- Manchester United have picked up 15 cards in their last six meetings with Manchester City.
Over 5.5 Man City Corners
- Manchester City have won more corners than any other Premier League team this season, averaging 8.42 corners per game.
- This rises to 10 corners per game when at the Etihad Stadium.
- Man City have won 41 corners in their last six Manchester derbies, averaging 6.83 per game.
- 29 of these corners came at the Etihad, averaging 9.67 per game.