Born in the south east of Ireland, Simon put his life-long love of football to good use when he started a successful independent blog in 2010. That opened up an alternative route to a career in journalism, and having had work published across a number of sites and publications, Simon joined the staff at Spotlight Sports Group in 2018.
There is a wide range of fascinating looking football fixtures to consume across the globe this weekend, with domestic leagues and continental competitions continuing at pace across Saturday and Sunday.
Running alongside the more popular match result and goals markets for the games are the often overlooked but equally lucrative corners and cards options offered by the bookies.
Those particular markets require some extra elbow-grease and research to find trends worth backing – and that can sometimes be a little off-putting.
However, at FST we’ve done all the hard work to bring you the very best value in the corners and cards markets this week – and below, we’ve compiled a six-fold accumulator based on our research that comes in at a tasty 83/1 for a selection of the weekend’s action.
Don’t forget – you can also find all of our match previews and betting tips for all the fixtures we cover on our football predictions page.
Best bookmaker for cards and corners betting?
All of our tips and prices are quoted with bet365. They have the best range of markets for cards and corners as well as everything from match and team markets to Asian lines and handicaps for the more experienced bettors. We recommend you sign up for a bet365 account if you want to bet on cards and corners, or you can bet on mobile using their iOS app. New customers can claim up to £100 in bet credits.
Saturday, Aug 15
Hibernian vs Motherwell (Scottish Premiership)
- An average of 12.66 corners have been awarded per Motherwell Scottish Premiership game so far this season.
- A combined 28 corners were awarded in Hibernian’s three league matches so far this term.
- 11 corners were awarded to both teams combined when Hibernian last met Motherwell in January.
Betting Tip: Over 10 corners @ 1/1
Manchester City vs Lyon (Champions League)
- 10 or more corners were awarded to both teams combined in five of Man City’s eight Champions League matches this season.
- The Citizens won more corners than any other club in the Premier League last season.
- An average of 10.0 corners per game were awarded to both teams combined in Lyon’s Champions League matches this season.
Betting Tip: Over 10 corners @ 1/1
Lokomotiv Moscow vs Krasnodar (Russian Premier League)
- 11 corners were awarded to both teams combined in Lokomotiv’s first games of the season against Rubin Kazan.
- 12 corners were awarded to both teams combined in Krasnodar’s win at FC Ufa on match day one last week.
- Only five clubs won more corners than Krasnodar (118) in last season’s Russian Premier League.
Betting Tip: Over 9 corners @ 11/10
Sunday, Aug 16
Livingston vs Rangers (Scottish Premiership)
- Marvin Bartley has averaged 1.7 fouls per appearance so far this season.
- The 34-year-old was booked seven times for Livingston in the league last year.
- Bartley was cautioned in one of Livingston’s encounters with Rangers in the previous campaign.
Betting Tip: Marvin Bartley to get booked @ 13/8
Rosenborg vs Aalesund (Norwegian Eliteserien)
- An average of 11.50 corners have been awarded per 90 minutes in Rosenborg’s league matches this season.
- Aalesund’s equivalent corner count figure stands at 11.17 for the same period.
- 25 corners were awarded in Rosenborg’s last two Eliteserien home matches.
Betting Tip: Over 10 corners @ 5/6
Sevilla vs Manchester United (Europa League)
- Veteran holding midfielder Fernando has already been booked 14 times in all competitions this season for Sevilla.
- The 33-year-old is a former Man City star and will be keen to throw his weight around against United.
- Fernando has started just four UEL fixtures this season and the hard-hitting destroyer was booked in one of those appearances.
Betting Tip: Fernando to get booked @ 13/8
FST’s Corners and Cards Acca
Single bets are all well and good, but everyone loves a cheeky odds-boosting acca! This weekend we’ve gone for a tasty looking 83/1 6-fold featuring our selections from above.
More FST News
- 6 hours ago
- 7 hours ago
- Special Offers