Born in the south east of Ireland, Simon put his life-long love of football to good use when he started a successful independent blog in 2010. That opened up an alternative route to a career in journalism, and having had work published across a number of sites and publications, Simon joined the staff at Spotlight Sports Group in 2018.
Tottenham Hotspur and RB Leipzig meet under the lights in North London on Tuesday night for a Champions League Round of 16 first leg clash that has the capital vibrating with anticipation.
In terms of entertainment, few teams have delivered as much action as Spurs in Europe’s most prestigious club competition so far this season, with a net-shredding average of 5.33 goals hitting the net across the club’s six Champions League Group matches before the turn of the year.
On Tuesday, Die Roten Bullen are in town, and Julian Nagelsmann’s charges arrive armed with a reputation for playing plenty of fast, frenetic football of their own.
This week’s contest has all the makings of a continental thriller and to help you get in the mood for the game, we’ve put together a tasty looking #OddsOnThat selection for Spurs clash with RB Leipzig.
Check it out below!
Looking for more Tottenham Hotspur vs RB Leipzig predictions? Read our detailed match preview of the game with exclusive betting tips now.
What is Betfair’s #OddsOnThat?
Betfair’s Odds on That feature allows you create a customised multiples bet based on your own unique picks ahead of a particular football match. You can choose from a huge variety of markets and once you have decided on your selection, you can request a price for your acca from Betfair on Twitter using the #OddsOnThat hashtag.
Tottenham Hotspur vs RB Leipzig 20/1 #OOT
Over 2.5 goals
- 100% of Spurs’ games in this competition this term have seen over 2.5 goals land.
- Eight of Leipzig’s last 10 UCL games have seen at least three goals.
- The Tottenham Hotspur Stadium has seen more goals than any other ground in this season’s competition.
Both teams to score
- Both teams scored in four of Tottenham’s six UCL Group games this season.
- Similarly, both teams registered in four of RB Leipzig’s six Group matches before the turn of the year.
- Both teams found the net in 10 of Spurs’ 15 fixtures in all competitions overall.
Lucas Moura to score anytime
- In the absence of Harry Kane and Son Heung-Min, Lucas is expected to start at centre-forward for Spurs.
- Lucas showed a real affinity for the Champions League last season, notching five goals in just eight starts for Spurs during their run to the final.
- RB Leipzig kept just one clean sheet in their six UCL Group matches – a record that suggests Lucas should have chances in front of goal on Tuesday.
Goal scored in both halves
- Goals were scored in both halves in 100% of Tottenham’s Champions League Group matches.
- Goals hit the net in both halves in five of RB Leipzig’s six Group contests.
- Goals were scored either side of half time in four of Tottenham’s last six home fixtures.
Under 2.5 total cards
- Spurs picked up a modest seven bookings in their six Champions League Group games
- RB Leipzig averaged just 1.5 cards per Champions League Group game last year.
- Tottenham averaged just 1.0 yellow card per 90 minutes in their Group home fixtures before Christmas.
Back Our 20/1 #OOT Special Here!
Keep up to date with our latest UCL betting tips and special offers on our Champions League predictions page.
- 8 hours ago
- Betting Odds
- 1 day ago
- Betting Odds