Born in the south east of Ireland, Simon put his life-long love of football to good use when he started a successful independent blog in 2010. That opened up an alternative route to a career in journalism, and having had work published across a number of sites and publications, Simon joined the staff at Spotlight Sports Group in 2018.
In just a few days’ time, Liverpool and Tottenham will meet in Madrid to contest one of the most eagerly anticipated Champions League Finals in years at the Wanda Metropolitano.
As always, Betfair have an extensive and varied selection of unique #OddsOnThat offers for Saturday’s fixture that are well worth checking out.
Betfair’s OddsOnThat feature allows you to create and customise your own unique bets and request a price directly from the bookmaker. Open to both new and existing customers, the feature allows you to combine a number of markets to make one single bet and increase your odds.
There’s a large range of Betfair Odds On That Champions League Final markets listed on site already, and we’ve compiled a selection of the ones that caught our eye below.
Read our Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool predictions and betting tips in our detailed match preview here.
Liverpool to win, Mane to score, Over 9.5 Corners and Alderweireld to be carded – 22/1
– Champions League favourites Liverpool have won 4 of their last 6 meetings in all competitions against Spurs, and Jurgen Klopp’s charges came out on top in both of their clashes with Tottenham during the recently finished 2018/19 Premier League season.
– Sadio Mane finished the season with 6 goals in his last 8 appearances for Liverpool, and the Senegalese striker’s late hot streak allowed him to finish as the Premier Leagues’ joint top scorer alongside Liverpool teammate Mohamed Salah and Arsenal hitman Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.
– An average of 9.5 corners were awarded across the 12 Champions League fixtures Liverpool contested en-route to the competition’s Final. Spurs’ equivalent average corners per game figure stands at a slightly higher 9.66 for the same period.
– Toby Alderweireld was booked 5 times for Tottenham Hotspur in 2018/19, and only Danny Rose and Son Heung-Min were shown yellow more often for Spurs in the Champions League.
Liverpool to win, Liverpool most corners & Tottenham most cards – 7/2
– Liverpool beat Tottenham 2-1 home and away in the Premier League this season. In fact, Spurs have only beaten Liverpool once in 15 meetings since 2012.
– Across the teams’ Premier League meetings this season, the corner count finished 14-8 in Liverpool’s favour.
– Liverpool were awarded more corners than their opponents in 6 of their 12 Champions League fixtures this season, and had the same number of corners as their opponents in 2 games. Only Porto (twice), Napoli and Bayern won more corners than Liverpool in their respective matches against them.
– Having picked up 23 yellow cards and 1 red card in this year’s competition, Tottenham are statistically the second worst behaved club in the Champions League this season behind Ajax.
Liverpool to score in both halves & Liverpool over 1.5 corners each half – 4/1
– Liverpool scored in both halves of 19 (50%) different Premier League matches in 2018/19, and in 3 of their last 4 Champions League victories this season.
– Liverpool scored in both halves in each of their league wins against Tottenham Hotspur during the 2018/19 season.
– Liverpool won an average of 2 corners in the first half of their Champions League fixtures this season, while their second half corner average count stands at 3.58.
Liverpool to score 2+ goals; Liverpool 6+ corners & Tottenham 3+ cards – 8/1
– Liverpool have scored 2 or more goals in 4 of their last 5 Champions League matches, and in a whopping 32 different fixtures in all competitions overall in 2018/19.
– Liverpool scored 2 or more goals against Tottenham in 5 of the last 6 meetings between the clubs.
– Liverpool were awarded an average of 6.5 corners per game in the Premier League season, and their Champions League average slips only slightly to 5.5 corners per 90 minutes.
– Tottenham picked up 3 cards or more in 4 separate Champions League matches in 2018/19, and picked up 2 cards or more in a further 3 games in the same competition.
Roberto Firmino scores 1st; Liverpool scores over 2.5 goals; Jan Vertonghen carded & Penalty Awarded – 200/1
– Roberto Firmino scored home and away against Tottenham in Liverpool’s brace of Premier League wins against Mauricio Pochettino’s side this season.
– 31% of the goals scored by Firmino for Liverpool in this season’s Premier and Champions League were the first goals in their respective matches.
– Liverpool scored over 2.5 goals on 21 separate occasions during their ferociously consistent 2018/19 campaign in multiple competitions.
– Jan Vertonghen was only booked 4 times this season for Spurs, though it’s worth noting that 2 of those bookings were picked up inside his last 3 Premier League appearances of the season. Vertonghen has also been booked twice in previous career games against Liverpool.
– Liverpool were awarded 7 Premier League and 3 Champions League penalties this season, while Spurs won 4 domestic penalties themselves. In addition, 6 penalties were awarded in the last 14 meetings between Liverpool and Tottenham.
- 1 day ago
- 2 days ago