Born in the south east of Ireland, Simon put his life-long love of football to good use when he started a successful independent blog in 2010. That opened up an alternative route to a career in journalism, and having had work published across a number of sites and publications, Simon joined the staff at Spotlight Sports Group in 2018.
Responsible Gambling Week, which runs from the 7th to the 13th of November this year, is a campaign initiated and led by the gambling industry that aims to raise awareness and create conversations about:
- How to gamble responsibly
- The tools that are available to help people gamble safely
- Sources of relevant advice and support
FST fully support this fantastic initiative and we will be promoting Responsible Gambling Week UK & Ireland by sharing information on responsible gambling.
What happens during Responsible Gambling Week 2019?
Websites, venues and services provide information about responsible gambling throughout the year, with a wide variety of tools and options available to people to help them manage their play. During Responsible Gambling Week, those tools and options will be much more visible, guiding people through responsible gambling guidelines and how/where to seek further advice and support should it be required.
A range of key Responsible Gambling information and promotional material has been made available to all the organisations supporting RG Week, including FST. Those materials contain lots of valuable info, including:
- questions about gambling behaviour
- five key behaviours of gambling responsibly
- details of where and how to obtain further information and help if needed
- Information about the Responsible Gambling Week website and social media channels: Facebook and Twitter @RGWeek19
Gambling venues will also be promoting RG Week, prior to and during the week itself, and you’ll find posters, leaflets, banners and more both off and online to encourage conversations about how to gamble responsibly.
- Some venues are undertaking special events during the week.
- Online gambling websites will also be promoting the week with pop-ups and banner ads.
- Both land and online organisations will be promoting the week through their social media channels: Facebook, Twitter & Instagram
- Supporting organisations, such as Facebook, will also be supporting the week and promoting key messages, information and materials.
- Key support organisations like the National Gambling Helpline, GamCare and GambleAware will also be promoting the week and preparing for increased numbers of enquiries due to the national campaign.
Staff working at those venues and online will continue to be points of contact customers who would like to find out more about gambling responsibly or where to find support if they have any worries or concerns about their gambling.
RG Week 2019: Training Sessions and Workshops
Leading charities, GamCare and YGAM, who provide RG help and support, are also running workshops and training sessions right throughout Responsible Gambling Week 2019.
The workshops are particularly focused on parents and professionals working with younger people (teachers, youth and health professionals), and their aim is to provide information that can help those young people to better understand the high risks and pitfalls associated with gambling.
The sessions also aim to provide pepople with the steps they can take to help them gamble in a more responsible manner, as well as the tools and services that are available to help manage their gambling behavior.
To find out more about these workshops and training sessions click here.
For more information about Responsible Gambling Week, visit the initiatives official website here
Free Super Tips are committed to keeping gambling fun and enjoyable by helping people to stay in control and gamble responsibly. You can read more about our own Responsible Gambling guidelines here.
- Wed 19 May
- Euro 2020
- Tues 23 Mar
- FreeSuperTips Company News