The Premier League are saving the best ’til last this weekend, with the standout fixture of the gameweek seeing Manchester United welcome noisy neighbours Manchester City to Old Trafford for what is bound to be an intriguing affair.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s team have been resurgent of late, heading into this high profile tie on the back of a nine match unbeaten streak and with the top four within touching distance. Manchester City aren’t in bad shape either, but even after five consecutive wins in all competitions they still find themselves some 22 points adrift of champions-elect Liverpool.
The vast majority of Pep Guardiola’s attention will be on the Champions League now, especially with the European ban looming over their heads. However, it would be a massive shock if he chose to rest players for the derby, so we can expect to see both teams going at it hammer and tongs on Sunday.
With that in mind, we’ve delved into all the stats and facts and put together a delicious looking 50/1 bet365 Bet Builder for Sunday’s action! You can find the rest of our Manchester United vs Manchester City predictions here too.
What is bet365 Bet Builder?
Bet Builder allows you create the bet YOU want on any football match. You can choose from a list of the most popular markets and once you have added them to your bet, you can calculate the odds from your customised selection.
For example, you could combine first goalscorer, both teams to score, the total number of corners and the full-time result to create one single bet with the price for your multi-part selection.
You can add up to 6 separate markets to your Bet Builder selection, and your odds will update automatically each time you add a new selection.
Once you are finished and happy with your selections, select the price displayed on the Bet Builder slip and your unique bet will be added to your bet slip.
You can read about bet365’s Bet Builder in more detail here and you can sign up to bet365 and get up to £100 in bet credits using the banner below.
Man Utd vs Man City Bet Builder Tips
Man Utd Win or Draw Double Chance
- Manchester United are unbeaten in their last nine competitive matches, winning six of them.
- Manchester City have dropped points in 33% of their Premier League matches this season.
- The Citizens have won only three of their last nine competitive meetings with the so-called Premier League ‘Big Six’.
- Man Utd have already beaten Man City twice this season, also avoiding defeat at home to Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs.
Both Teams to Score
- Manchester City have scored in 25 of their 27 Premier League matches this season, but have conceded in 17 of them.
- Manchester United have conceded in nine of their 14 Premier League home games, but have only failed to score twice.
- The Citizens have also conceded in nine of their 14 Premier League away games, but have only failed to score once.
- Both teams have scored in four of the last five Manchester derbies in the Premier League.
Over 4 Total Cards
- The Manchester Derby is an historically feisty affair, with nine of the last 10 competitive meetings seeing at least four cards.
- Six of these have seen five or more cards handed out, with an average of 5.1 cards per game during this period.
- This includes Manchester City’s famous 6-1 win at Old Trafford, where one red card and a massive eight yellows were handed out.
Under 10 Total Corners
- Manchester City may be the corner kings in the Premier League, but their away games this season have only averaged 9.65 corners per game.
- Man Utd’s home games have averaged 9.07 corners per game this season.
- Man City’s last four competitive meetings with the Premier League ‘Big Six’ have averaged just 7.25 corners per game, with none of them seeing more than nine.
Rodri to be Carded
- Rodri has picked up six yellow cards in the Premier League this season, with five of those coming away from the Etihad.
- The Spanish midfielder has been booked in four of his last eight competitive starts for Manchester City.
- Manchester United’s counter-attacking setup leaves Rodri vulnerable to picking up cards, as illustrated by the fact he has been booked in two of his three encounters with The Red Devils this season.
Bruno Fernandes to Score
- Bruno Fernandes has been a revelation since joining Manchester United, scoring three goals and providing two assists in his seven appearances.
- The Portuguese midfielder has now scored 18 goals in 35 competitive games for Man Utd and Sporting Lisbon this season.
- Man Utd have been awarded 15 penalties in all competitions this season, including a league-high 10 in the Premier League. Bruno Fernandes has taken the Red Devils’ last two penalties.
Man Utd vs Man City Bet Builder Odds
By adding these selections to your own Bet Builder using the banner below, you come away with a massive 50/1 bet to sink your teeth into on Sunday afternoon. Just click below and add the corresponding selections (or some of your own) to your very own bet365 Bet Builder