Arsenal host Atletico Madrid on Thursday night in a Europa League semi final. We’ve pulled out 5 top stats to help with your betting on the big game!
Don’t forget to check out our match preview which contains our Arsenal vs Atletico Madrid predictions and betting tips for a big European night for the Gunners!
- Arsenal have scored 29 goals in the Europa League this season, more than any other side – in fact, in only one previous European campaign have the Gunners scored more, netting 30 in 1999-2000 when they competed in both the Champions League and the UEFA Cup. However Arsenal will face their toughest defence yet in the Europa League. Jan Oblak has conceded just 23 goals in 43 games this season amassing an astonishing 26 clean sheets!
- Atletico Madrid certainly know how to operate at the opposite end of the pitch too. They have scored 15 goals in their six Europa League games this season, giving them the best goals-per-game average in the competition (2.5).
- Mesut Özil had a hand in five goals in seven starts against Atlético Madrid in all competitions (4 goals, 1 assist) when he played for Real Madrid. However, the German hasn’t found the net in his previous 11 appearances in all competitions. He’s 9/2 to score anytime with bet365 which might be decent value if you fancy him to show up on Thursday night.
- Antoine Griezmann has scored 19 goals in La Liga this season and just three during their Europa League campaign. Did you know he has scored 161 goals in his career at Atletico Madrid and Real Sociedad but his only trophies a Segunda Division title and a Spanish Super Cup. He’s a very short price of 6/4 to score anytime with bet365.
- Diego Simeone is yet to lose an away European match in England as Atlético manager (W1 D2), with one win and a draw against Chelsea and a draw with Leicester City. On the flip side the Arsene Wenger will face his 125th different opponent as Arsenal boss, he has only lost his first match against 10 of the previous 124 opponents and won each of his last eight matches when facing an opponent for the first time.
If you want to check out who Arsenal or Atletico Madrid could be playing in the Europa League final then check out our Marseille vs Red Bull Salzburg predictions, betting tips and match preview!
🇫🇷 WENGER’S BEST XI 🔴
Any changes you would make?
— Football Super Tips (@FootySuperTips) April 20, 2018