Born in the south east of Ireland, Simon put his life-long love of football to good use when he started a successful independent blog in 2010. That opened up an alternative route to a career in journalism, and having had work published across a number of sites and publications, Simon joined the staff at Spotlight Sports Group in 2018.
With continental pursuits on ice for the time being, there is another full slate of Premier League fixtures to look forward to this weekend, and our search for the best cards and corners predictions continues with Saturday and Sunday’s fixtures under the microscope
We’ve done all the heavy lifting and deep diving research to bring you Premier League cards and corners tips based around the latest round of top-flight contests – plus, we’ve combined our selections into one 79/1 accumulator below.
Remember – you can find detailed analysis and free betting tips for all of this weekend’s matches on our Premier League predictions page.
Best bookmaker for cards and corners betting?
All of our tips and prices are quoted with bet365. They have the best range of markets for cards and corners as well as everything from match and team markets to Asian lines and handicaps for the more experienced bettors. We recommend you sign up for a bet365 account if you want to bet on cards and corners, or you can bet on mobile using their iOS app. New customers can claim up to £100 in bet credits.
79/1 Premier League cards and corners accumulator
Manchester City vs Leeds United
- A whopping 17 corners were awarded to both teams combined when Leeds last played Man City in October.
- Man City have won more corners than any other Premier League team this season (199).
- Only three of the division’s clubs have won more corners overall than Leeds this term (177).
Betting tip: Over 10.0 corners @5/6
Liverpool vs Aston Villa
- No club has collected fewer cards than Liverpool in the Premier League this season (33).
- In contrast, Aston Villa have picked up 50 cards so far this term.
- Only three clubs have picked up more cards on the road in the Premier League this season than Aston Villa (26).
Betting tip: Aston Villa +0.0 card handicap @6/4
Crystal Palace vs Chelsea
- Chelsea have won more corners on the road than any other Premier League team this season (90).
- Only Tottenham have won fewer corners at home in the league than Crystal Palace this term (59).
- Only four clubs have conceded fewer away corners than Chelsea in 2020/21 (70).
Betting tip: Chelsea -3.0 corner handicap @21/20
Burnley vs Newcastle United
- Only two clubs have collected more cards than Newcastle in the Premier League this season (55).
- Newcastle picked up more card than Burnley on each of their last two visits to Turf Moor.
- Only Man City have committed fewer fouls on average per home game than Burnley this term (10.1)
Betting tip: Newcastle -1.0 card handicap @7/2
West Ham vs Leicester City
- Leicester have picked up the first card in three of their last four Premier League matches.
- The Foxes collected the game’s first two cards when they last played West Ham in October.
- Only Sheffield United have gathered more cards away from home than Leicester in the Premier League this season (29).
Betting tip: First card received – Leicester @10/11
Best value single: Kalvin Phillips to get booked @3/1
Leeds midfielder Kalvin Phillips has already been cautioned eight times in just 24 league and FA Cup appearances this season, and the serial offender should have plenty of defending to do and tackles to make when he faces Manchester City on Saturday.
More betting news:
- 5 hours ago
- Betting Odds
- 1 day ago
- Featured News