With Premier League and Championship pursuits on the back burner, the EFL takes centre-stage this weekend, where jam-packed League One and League Two fixture schedules offer bettors a change of pace.
Outside the usual favourite match results and goals markets this weekend, there are some potentially lucrative cards and corners options to delve in to, and while they do require a bit of extra leg work to research, they often contain a lot of extra value.
Ahead of the Saturday’s fixtures, we’ve dived head first into the numbers once again to bring you the very best corners betting tips and predictions this week, which we’ve combined into a tasty looking 45/1 accumulator!
Not satisfied with corners predictions? You can find the rest of our betting tips over on our match predictions page.
Best bookmaker for cards and corners betting?
All of our tips and prices are quoted with bet365. They have the best range of markets for cards and corners as well as everything from match and team markets to Asian lines and handicaps for the more experienced bettors. We recommend you sign up for a bet365 account if you want to bet on cards and corners, or you can bet on mobile using their iOS app. New customers can claim up to £100 in bet credits.
Bristol Rovers vs Fleetwood Town
- Only three clubs have seen more corners awarded per game on average than Fleetwood (11.43) this season.
- An average of 10.0 corners have been awarded per 90 minutes in League One matches featuring Bristol Rovers this term.
- Bristol Rovers and Fleetwood both rank in the division’s top five for total corners won this season, winning exactly 43 of them each so far in League One.
Betting Tip: Over 10.0 corners @10/11
Northampton vs Accrington Stanley
- Only Portsmouth (13.72) have seen more corners awarded in their League One matches on average than Accrington Stanley (11.85) so far this season.
- An average of 10.43 corners were awarded to both teams combined in Northampton’s league matches this term.
- Both clubs rank joint first for most corners conceded so far this season (50 each).
Betting Tip: Over 9.0 corners @4/6
Shrewsbury vs Swindon Town
- Just 8.5 corners were awarded on average per League One game featuring Shrewsbury Town so far this season.
- With an average of 9.0 corners per game, Swindon’s matches have seen only slightly more.
- Just three clubs in League One have conceded fewer corners on average per game than Shrewsbury since the summer (3.5).
Betting Tip: Under 9.0 corners @7/5
Sunderland vs Milton Keynes Dons
- Promotion chasing Sunderland are expected to dominate the action areas for the majority of their encounter with 19th place Milton Keynes Dons.
- Only seven teams have won more corners per game on average than Sunderland in League One this season (5.67).
- Sunderland won more corners than their visitors in five of their six home league matches this term.
Betting Tip: Sunderland corner match bet @1/2
Crewe vs Peterborough
- Table-topping Peterborough are expected to play on the front foot from the off when they visit struggling Crewe this weekend.
- Just four clubs in League One have conceded more corners on average per game than Crewe this season (6.5).
- Crewe conceded more corners than their opponents in three of their last four League One assignments.
Betting Tip: Peterborough corner match bet @8/11
Carlisle vs Cheltenham
- Only Port Vale (11.43) have seen more corners awarded in their League Two games on average than Carlisle (11.14) so far this season.
- Cheltenham rank 4th on the same list, having seen an average of 10.72 corners awarded per League Two fixture.
- Cheltenham lead the way in the individual corners stakes however, winning a whopping 7.43 of them per 90 minutes on average.
Betting Tip: Over 10.0 corners @11/8
FST’s EFL corners acca
All of our EFL corners predictions from above can be combined into a tasty looking 45/1 acca. You can add our accumulator to your betslip using the banner below.