Born in the south east of Ireland, Simon put his life-long love of football to good use when he started a successful independent blog in 2010. That opened up an alternative route to a career in journalism, and having had work published across a number of sites and publications, Simon joined the staff at Spotlight Sports Group in 2018.
After making its long-awaited comeback earlier this month, the fußball keeps on coming this weekend with another jampacked programme of Bundesliga fixtures to look forward to over the coming days.
Today, we’re focusing on Saturday’s schedule, where five mouth-watering Deutsche top flight tussles will be contested across Germany on what promises to be another thrilling day of high-octane action.
There is certainly plenty to get excited about for fans and punters alike – and with that in mind, we’ve compiled a list of our favourite Bundesliga OddsOnThat (#OOT) selections from Saturday’s fixtures on Betfair.
Check them out below.
Remember – we’ll be covering all the German top-flight action extensively with match previews and tips for each game on our Bundesliga predictions page.
What is Betfair’s #OddsOnThat?
Betfair’s Odds on That feature allows you create a customised multiples bet based on your own unique picks ahead of a particular football match. You can choose from a huge variety of markets and once you have decided on your selection, you can request a price for your acca from Betfair on Twitter using the #OddsOnThat hashtag.
Bundesliga #OOT selections
BTTS & 3+ corners for each team & 2+ cards for each team @9/2
With manager David Wagner coming under increasing player, Schalke need a win over the league’s second bottom club to steady the ship. Werder Bremen, who took four points from their last two assignments, should provide stiff opposition however.
- Both teams scored in four of the last five Bundesliga meetings between these teams.
- Both teams registered in 71% of Werder Bremen’s away matches to date in 2019/20.
- Three Werder players and two Schalke players were booked in the teams’ last meeting in November.
- Six cards were brandished (Schalke two, Werder four) the last time the sides met in Gelsenkirchen.
- Schalke and Werder Bremen are averaging 4.75 and 4.54 corners per game respectively this season.
Wolfsburg to win; Wolfsburg most corners & Eintracht Frankfurt most cards @6/1
After their equal parts thumping and surprising 4-1 win at Bayer Leverkusen, Wolfsburg should have plenty of momentum behind them when they meet an Eintracht Frankfurt outfit that are leaking goals in worryingly high numbers.
- Wolfsburg won two of their last three Bundesliga matches.
- Dortmund are the only team to beat Wolfsburg in Die Wölfe’s last nine top flight fixtures.
- Just three Bundesliga teams have picked up fewer cards at home than Wolfsburg’s this season (20).
- Frankfurt were beaten in four of their last five games in all competitions, and were ousted 2-0 by Wolfsburg in November.
- Wolfsburg won 13 corners to Frankfurt’s six when the teams last met at the Volkswagen Arena.
Matheus Cunha to Score; Hertha Berlin to Score in Both Halves & Tin Jedvaj to be Carded @14/1
Hertha Berlin continued their resurgence in mid-week by taking a useful point from a 2-2 draw at RB Leipzig. With Bruno Labbadia’s influence continuing to produce positive results, Die Alte Dame will be confident that they can turn Augsburg over on Saturday.
- Hertha are averaging 3.0 goals per game under Bruno Labbadia.
- Matheus Cunha notched goals in four of his last five Bundesliga appearances.
- Augsburg defender Tin Jedvaj has been booked four times already this season.
- Hertha have never lost at home to Augsburg in eight previous meetings.
Jean-Philippe Mateta to score; Mainz to score in Both Halves & Sebastian Rudy to be Carded @20/1
Mainz’s games against Hoffenheim have been some of the Bundesliga’s most exciting fixtures in recent seasons. With both sides searching for consistency ahead of their latest skirmish, another unpredictable slugfest is expected on Saturday.
- Mainz leading marksman from last season, Jean-Philippe Mateta, is back from injury. The Frenchman scored in this fixture last year.
- The last eight games between these teams averaged 5.25 goals per 90 minutes.
- The last four meetings between the sides in Mainz averaged 5.75 goals per game.
- Mainz’s Bundesliga goals this season have been split almost exactly between the first and second halves of their matches (18 first, 19 second).
- Sebastian Rudy has been booked a whopping eight times already this season for Hoffenheim.
Bayern Munich to win to nil and Robert Lewandowski & Serge Gnabry to score @11/2
Defending champions and current league leaders Bayern Munich took a huge step towards retaining their crown with their 1-0 win at rivals Dortmund on Tuesday. With the pressure off, the Bavarians are expected to run riot against Fortuna Dusseldorf at the weekend.
- Robert Lewandowski kept up his incredible scoring rate with another goal last weekend against Eintracht Frankfurt, taking his tally to 14 goals in his last 13 starts for Bayern.
- Bayern beat Fortuna Dusseldorf 4-0 earlier in the season.
- Serge Gnabry scored in each of Bayern’s last two meetings with Fortuna.
- Bayern kept a clean sheet in 43% of their Bundesliga home games so far this season.
- Fortuna failed to score in 10 of their 14 Bundesliga away matches this term.
More FST News:
- 7 hours ago
- Betting Odds
- 1 day ago
- Sky Super 6