One of the most common football adages rolled out by unimaginative pundits is “goals win games”. At FST, we have added our own twist to that clichéd football axiom so it reads – “goals win bets”.
Whether you’ve taken a punt on an over 2.5 total goals selection or are hoping to conquer the both teams to score markets, the sound of a net rattling is music to your ears.
To cater to your needs and help satisfy your goal-lust, we will compile a list of the games that promise the most goals ahead of the action each week.
Armed with this information, you should be able to attack those goal markets as a more informed bettor. But remember, it’s okay to take a break from gambling if the results aren’t going your way.
Remember to bookmark this page and check back for the latest updated list of potentially goal-filled fixtures.
Make sure to check out our Both Teams to Score guide ahead of the weekend’s action here!
Hamilton vs Celtic (Scottish Premiership) – Sept. 14th
Table topping Celtic are aiming to maintain their perfect start to the season at Hamilton’s expense this weekend.
- Over 2.5 goals were scored in 6 of Hamilton’s last 8 games.
- A minimum of 3 goals were scored in 5 of Celtic’s last 7 matches.
- Celtic’s last 6 away fixtures averaged 4.4 goals per 90 minutes.
- Over 2.5 goals hit the net in 5 of the last 6 meetings between Hamilton and Celtic.
Read our detailed Hamilton vs Celtic match preview for more Scottish football predictions and betting tips here.
Swindon vs Macclesfield (League Two) – Sept. 14th
In form Swindon will be searching for their third League Two win on the spin when they take on Macclesfield at the County Ground on Saturday.
- Over 2.5 goals were scored in 100% of Swindon’s last 3 matches.
- A minimum of 3 goals were scored in 3 of Macclesfield’s last 4 away games.
- An average of 3.14 goals were scored across Swindon’s 7 League Two fixtures so far this season.
- Over 2.5 goals were registered in each of the last 3 meetings between Swindon and Macclesfield.
Click here to read our Swindon vs Macclesfield predictions, match preview and betting tips.
Aberdeen vs St. Johnstone (Scottish Premiership) – Sept. 14th
4th placed Aberdeen will hope to run up a decent score against bottom side St. Johnstone at Pittodrie Stadium on Saturday in this potentially goal-laden Scottish Premiership clash.
- Over 2.5 goals were scored in 2 of Aberdeen’s last 3 competitive games.
- A minimum of 3 goals hit the net in 6 of St. Johnstone’s last 7 matches.
- That set of 7 fixtures averaged 3.71 goals per 90 minutes.
- 5 of Aberdeen’s last 7 Scottish Premiership matches saw over 2.5 goals registered.
- Over 2.5 goals were plundered in 6 of the last 10 meetings between these teams.
For more Aberdeen vs St. Johnstone betting tips and predictions, read our comprehensive match preview for the game.
Ajax vs Heerenveen (Eredivisie) – Sept. 14th
Eredivisie defending champions Ajax are expected to thump mid-table Heerenveen when the teams face off in Amsterdam on Saturday.
- Over 2.5 goals hit the net in 6 of Ajax’s last 8 competitive games.
- Ajax scored a combined 22 goals in their last 5 Eredivisie home matches.
- Ajax’s last 12 home league games averaged a whopping 5.66 goals per contest.
- 100% of the last 6 meetings between these teams produced over 2.5 goals.
Make sure to read our Dutch football analyst’s match preview for more Ajax vs Heerenveen predictions and betting tips.
Benfica vs Gil Vicente (Portuguese Liga NOS) – Sept. 14th
Title chasing Benfica will expect to win with ease against struggling Gil Vicente in the teams’ Liga NOS tussle in Lisbon this weekend.
- Benfica’s Liga NOS matches have averaged 3.25 goals per 90 minutes this season.
- An average of 4.9 goals hit the net across Benfica’s last 10 league games at home.
- Benfica scored 20 goals in their last 5 Liga NOS home matches.
- Benfica put 5 goals past Gil Vicente when the sides last met in May.
Find our who we are tipping to win as well as the rest of our Benfica vs Gil Vicente predictions and betting tips in our match preview here.
Atlanta United vs Columbus Crew (MLS) – Sept. 15th
Eastern Conference rivals Atlanta United and Columbus Crew meet in Georgia on Saturday in an MLS contest that’s dripping with goal-scoring potential.
- Atlanta’s 28 MLS matches so far this season averaged 2.85 goals per 90 minutes.
- A minimum of 3 goals hit the net in 6 of Atlanta’s last 8 home games.
- Those fixtures averaged a note-worthy 3.625 goals per 90 minutes.
- The last 3 meetings between Atlanta and Columbus averaged 3.66 goals per game.
View our Atlanta United vs Columbus Crew match preview for more exclusive predictions and betting tips.
Philadelphia Union vs Los Angeles FC (MLS) – Sept. 15th
2nd in the Eastern Conference meets 1st from the west when Philadelphia Union pit their wits against a slightly off colour Los Angeles FC outfit on Sunday.
- Over 2.5 goals were scored in 5 of Union’s last 6 matches.
- A minimum of 3 goals hit the net in 3 of LA FC’s last 4 games.
- Philadelphia’s 29 MLS fixtures this season averaged 3.31 goals per 90 minutes.
- 100% of Philadelphia’s last 3 MLS home matches saw over 2.5 goals scored.
A 7-fold over 2.5 total goals accumulator built around our featured matches above is priced at a lucrative 16/1 with bet365! You can back the selection by clicking the banner below
Check out all the other match previews, predictions and betting tips for all other upcoming fixtures here.
And remember: You can get over £1,200 in Free Bets and exclusive bonus when you sign up through Free Super Tips