Born in the south east of Ireland, Simon put his life-long love of football to good use when he started a successful independent blog in 2010. That opened up an alternative route to a career in journalism, and having had work published across a number of sites and publications, Simon joined the staff at Spotlight Sports Group in 2018.
With little time to rest between matchdays, the frenetic 2020/21 Premier League campaign hurtles onward this weekend, where there is another slate of top-flight fixtures to look forward to.
We’re focusing on Saturday’s four Premier League tussles below, and we’ve been digging through the stats to bring you some of the best very best cards and corners betting tips for the day’s action, which we’ve combined into a tasty 11/1 accumulator!
Remember – you can find detailed analysis and free betting tips for all of the weekend’s matches on our Premier League predictions page.
Best bookmaker for cards and corners betting?
All of our tips and prices are quoted with bet365. They have the best range of markets for cards and corners as well as everything from match and team markets to Asian lines and handicaps for the more experienced bettors. We recommend you sign up for a bet365 account if you want to bet on cards and corners, or you can bet on mobile using their iOS app. New customers can claim up to £100 in bet credits.
11/1 Premier League cards and corners acca
- An average of 4.25 cards were shown to the players involved in the last four encounters between Burnley and Arsenal.
- A bone-crunching ten cards were brandished in Burnley’s last two meetings with the Gunners at Turf Moor.
- Only two clubs have collected more cards on the road than Arsenal in the Premier League this season.
Betting tip: Over 2.5 cards @4/5
- Sheffield United have picked up more cards than any other Premier League team this season (52).
- The Blades collected more cards than Southampton in each of the clubs’ last three meetings.
- The Saints are averaging just 1.53 cards per away fixture this term.
Betting tip: Sheffield United +0.0 card handicap @10/11
- Aston Villa have won an average of 6.91 corners per Premier League home game this season.
- Only Man City, Liverpool and Chelsea have won more total corners than the Villains overall this term.
- Wolves have conceded an average of 5.5 corners per away league game this season.
Betting tip: Over 5.5 Aston Villa team corners @5/6
- Only Man City have won more home corners than Brighton so far this season.
- Albion have won an average of 7.31 corners per 90 minutes at home this term.
- Only six clubs have conceded more corners than Leicester in the Premier League in 2020/21.
Betting tip: Brighton -1.0 corner handicap @21/20
Best value single: Granit Xhaka to get booked @3/1
Hard-hitting Granit Xhaka is regularly punished for his overenthusiasm, and the Swiss midfielder has tackled his way into the book five times in 21 league starts for the Gunners this term.
The 28-year-old was sent off when Arsenal last played Burnley in December, and it’s worth noting that three of his last cautions were picked up in road matches for the Gunners.
More betting news:
- 6 hours ago
- Betting Odds
- 1 day ago
- Featured News