Analysing the Premier League has never been more of a numbers game, and an understanding of statistics, figures and numerical patterns is a valuable asset to be armed with when approaching any betting market.
With those numbers and statistics in mind, we’ve compiled a list of useful pieces of information that we think are worth noting ahead of the latest round of 2020/21 Premier League fixtures.
Last week, we came close to landing a 40/1 stat attack five-fold, when three of our five selections landed.
We correctly forecast that there would be over 1.5 goals scored in the first half of Aston Villa’s thrilling clash with Southampton, that there would be a late goal (after 74 minutes) in Newcastle’s win over Everton and that a penalty would be awarded at Old Trafford in Man Utd’s 1-0 reverse to Arsenal.
This week we are aiming to hit the mark with all five betting tips – and you can check out our latest clutch of stat attack picks below, complete with this week’s 21/1 acca!
For more detailed analysis of each of the weekend’s top flight games, we recommend you check out our Premier League predictions page for the latest match previews.
Saturday, November 7th
Everton vs Manchester United
The Toffees will be pushing for three points against a Man Utd team in turmoil at Goodison Park in Saturday’s early kick-off on Merseyside. Can Carlo Ancelotti mastermind another Blues’ victory?
- Man Utd conceded a goal inside 10 minutes in three of their six Premier League fixtures this season.
- Only Fulham have conceded more Premier League goals inside the first 15 minutes than Man Utd so far this term.
- 10 goals hit the net before 27:00 minutes of Everton’s competitive fixtures since the summer.
Betting tip: Early goal – before 27:00 minutes @ 5/6
Crystal Palace vs Leeds United
With just one win from their last four games, Leeds have been tumbling down the standings in recent weeks and Crystal Palace should provide another stiff test for Marcelo Bielsa’s slick-passing outfit.
- Just one of Crystal Palace’s eight Premier League goals so far this season was scored via a header.
- Just one headed goal was among Leeds’ 13 Premier League efforts since the new campaign got under way.
- In total, just 9% of the teams’ combined 21 league goals this season were headed home.
Betting tip: First goal method – shot @ 4/7
Sunday, November 9th
Leicester City vs Wolves
- Two European qualification hopefuls finding form face off at the King Power Stadium, when Leicester City host Wolves in this intriguing looking skirmish.
- So far this season, 18 goals were scored in the second half of Leicester City’s league games, while just eight goals hit the net in the first half of their matches.
- Four of Wolves’ last six Premier League goals were plundered in the second half of their fixtures.
11 of the last 17 goals struck in Leicester’s league games were registered after the half time interval.
Betting tip: Half with the most goals – second @21/20
Manchester City vs Liverpool
Defending champions and current leaders Liverpool make the short hop to Manchester to take on their main title rivals at the Etihad Stadium.
- Both teams scored in the second half in two of the last three Premier League meetings between Man City and Liverpool.
- Man City scored in the second half of seven of their 11 competitive fixtures this season.
- Liverpool found the net in the second half in 10 of their 12 games in all competitions this term.
Betting tip: Both teams to score in the second half @6/4
Arsenal vs Aston Villa
- Fresh from a significant win at Old Trafford, Arsenal will be searching for consistency when they welcome a temperamental Aston Villa team to the Emirates Stadium.
- Arsenal scored just one first half goal in the Premier League at the Emirates Stadium so far this season.
- The Gunners also conceded just once at the other end in the first half of their matches at the same venue.
Aston Villa saw just two goals scored in the first half of their Premier League assignments to date this season.
Betting tip: Under 1.5 first half goals @1/2
A 5-fold accumulator featuring out Premier League stats selections above is available at 21/1 odds with bet365!
Remember – you can find detailed breakdowns of all the weekend’s club football fixtures with betting tips for each on our Premier League betting tips page.