Analysing the Premier League has never been more of a numbers game, and an understanding of statistics, figures and numerical patterns is a valuable asset to be armed with when approaching any betting market.
With those numbers and statistics in mind, we’ve compiled a list of useful pieces of information that we think are worth noting ahead of the latest round of 2020/21 Premier League fixtures.
We will update our list each week with fresh, relevant data before each new round of matches, so make sure to bookmark this page.
For more detailed analysis of each of the weekend’s top flight games, we recommend you check out our Premier League predictions page for the latest match previews.
Saturday, October 31st
Winless Sheffield United are aiming to pull themselves out of their early-season rut at home to a Manchester City team finding form.
- Sheffield United have scored just one Premier League goal in the first half of their games this season.
- In total, just four goals hit the net in the first half of the Blades’ six league matches so far this term.
- All three goals scored in Sheffield United’s two Premier League meetings with Man City last season were notched in the second half.
Betting Tip: Half with the most goals – second @10/11
With a mounting crisis at centre-half, Liverpool will be looking to their forwards to produce some match-winning magic when the Reds welcome West Ham to Anfield.
- Liverpool are averaging more attempts (19) per 90 minutes than any other Premier League team so far this season.
- The Reds are averaging an even better 20 shots per game at Anfield.
- In their last three home league meetings with West Ham, Liverpool racked up 25, 18 and 21 attempts on the Irons’ goal respectively.
Betting Tip: Over 17.5 Liverpool shots @1/1
Sunday, November 1st
Two teams playing with confidence square off at Villa Park when Ralph Hasenhüttl takes his slick Saints to play Aston Villa on Sunday.
- Five first half goals have already been scored at Villa Park in the Premier League this season.
- 10 goals were scored in the first half of Southampton’s Premier League fixtures this term.
- Over 1.5 goals hit the net when Aston Villa and Southampton last met at Villa Park in December last year.
Betting Tip: Over 1.5 first half goals @6/4
Early pace-setters Everton need a win to hang on to top spot when they make the trek across to play Newcastle at St. James’ Park.
- Newcastle have seen more goals in the final 15 minutes of their games (nine) than any other Premier League club this season.
- The Magpies scored half of their eight goals this season after the 77th minute of their matches.
- When Newcastle last faced Everton in January, the Magpies scored twice after the 90th minute.
Betting Tip: Late goal – after 74:59 @5/6
Manchester United vs Arsenal
Fresh from mid-week success in Europe, both Man Utd and Arsenal will hope to maintain their momentum at the other’s expense in this high-profile clash at Old Trafford.
- Nine penalties have been awarded in Man Utd’s eight competitive matches so far this season.
- Man Utd’s last six Premier League games at Old Trafford saw six penalties awarded to both teams combined (Man Utd two, visiting team four).
- Man Utd were awarded more penalties (14) than any other Premier League club last season.
Betting Tip: Penalty in the match @11/8
A 5-fold accumulator featuring out Premier League stats selections above is available at 40/1 odds with bet365!
Remember – you can find detailed breakdowns of all the weekend’s club football fixtures with betting tips for each on our Premier League betting tips page.