Born in the south east of Ireland, Simon put his life-long love of football to good use when he started a successful independent blog in 2010. That opened up an alternative route to a career in journalism, and having had work published across a number of sites and publications, Simon joined the staff at Spotlight Sports Group in 2018.
Responsible Gambling Week, which runs from the 1st to the 7th of November, is a campaign initiated and led by the gambling industry that aims to raise awareness and create conversations about:
- How to gamble responsibly
- The tools that are available to help people gamble safely
- Sources of relevant advice and support
FST fully support this fantastic initiative and we will be promoting Responsible Gambling Week UK & Ireland by sharing information on responsible gambling.
What is happening during Responsible Gambling Week?
Websites, venues and services provide information about responsible gambling throughout the year, with a wide variety of tools and options available to people to help them manage their play. During Responsible Gambling Week, RG teams will be working even harder to share information about how to gamble responsibly and where to seek further advice and support should you need it.
- A range of RG material with key information has been made available to all the organisations supporting RG Week. Those materials contain tonnes of useful info, including:
- ask questions about gambling behaviour
- highlight five key behaviours of gambling responsibly
- provide details of where and how to obtain further information and help if needed
- promote the Responsible Gambling Week website and social media channels: Facebook and Twitter @RGWeek18
Gambling venues will also be promoting RG Week and you’ll find posters, leaflets and banners both off and online to encourage conversations about how to gamble responsibly.
- Some venues are undertaking special events during the week.
- Online gambling websites will also be promoting the week with banner ads and pop-ups.
- Both land and online organisations will be promoting the week on social media: Facebook and Twitter
- Supporting organisations, such as Facebook, will also be supporting the week and promoting key messages and materials.
- Key support organisations like the National Gambling Helpline, GamCare and GambleAware will also be promoting the week and preparing for increased numbers of enquiries due to the national campaign.
Staff working at those venues and online will continue to be points of contact customers who would like to find out more about gambling responsibly or where to find support if they have any worries or concerns about their gambling.
Training Sessions and Workshops
Leading charities, GamCare and YGAM, who provide help and support around gambling, are also running workshops and training sessions throughout Responsible Gambling Week.
The workshops are particularly focused on parents and professionals working with young people (teachers, youth and health professionals).
These sessions and workshops hope to provide information that can help young people understand the high risks associated with gambling, the steps they can take to help them to gamble more responsibly and what tools and services are available to help them manage their gambling behaviour.
To find out more about these workshops and training sessions click here.
For more information about Responsible Gambling Week, visit the initiatives official website here
Make sure to check out FST’s Responsible Gambling Guidelines here
- 7 days ago
- 8 days ago
- FreeSuperTips Company News