Born in the south east of Ireland, Simon put his life-long love of football to good use when he started a successful independent blog in 2010. That opened up an alternative route to a career in journalism, and having had work published across a number of sites and publications, Simon joined the staff at Spotlight Sports Group in 2018.
With international endeavours shelved for the time being, there is another full slate of Premier League fixtures to look forward to this weekend, and our search for the best cards and corners predictions is focused on Saturday’s four top-flight tussles.
We’ve done all the heavy lifting and deep diving research to bring you Premier League cards and corners tips based around those five contests – plus, we’ve combined our selections into one 10/1 accumulator below.
Remember – you can find detailed analysis and free betting tips for all of this weekend’s matches on our Premier League predictions page.
Best bookmaker for cards and corners betting?
All of our tips and prices are quoted with bet365. They have the best range of markets for cards and corners as well as everything from match and team markets to Asian lines and handicaps for the more experienced bettors. We recommend you sign up for a bet365 account if you want to bet on cards and corners, or you can bet on mobile using their iOS app. New customers can claim up to £100 in bet credits.
10/1 Premier League cards and corners accumulator
- Only Manchester City and Liverpool have won more total corners than Chelsea so far this season (179).
- West Brom have won fewer total corners than any other team in the division this term (101).
- The Baggies have also conceded more corners than any other Premier League club in 2020/21 (187).
Betting tip: Chelsea -5.0 corner handicap @5/6
- Leeds United’s league games are averaging 11.43 corners per game this season – the highest figure in the entire Premier League.
- Sheffield United’s fixtures rank third on the same list with 10.62 corners awarded per 90 minutes in their league assignments.
- 12 corners awarded to the teams when Sheffield United and Leeds last met in September.
Betting tip: Over 10.0 total corners @8/13
- Manchester City have collected fewer cards than any other Premier League team this season (30).
- In contrast, only three clubs have picked up more cards than Leicester City (50).
- Leicester picked up three bookings to Man City’s one in the teams’ reverse league fixture in September.
Betting tip: Leicester City +0.0 card handicap @5/6
- In each of their three previous meetings this season, Liverpool won more corners than Arsenal.
- The Reds won 20 corners to Arsenal’s seven in those three skirmishes combined.
- Liverpool beat the -1.0 corner handicap in each of those three encounters.
Betting tip: Liverpool -1.0 corner handicap @21/20
Best value single: Jonny Evans to get booked @12/5
Veteran centre-half Jonny Evans is one of most Leicester’s most reliable performers, however, the Northern Ireland stalwart is also one of the Foxes’ most reliable picks in the card markets.
Evans has been cautioned seven times in the Premier League and nine times overall for Leicester this season, and the 33-year-old sometimes find it tough against pacier opponents.
Man City have a frontline littered with quicksilver attackers and Evans could tackle his way into the referee’s notebook again in his attempts to keep them under control.
More betting news
Free Super Tips is the home of Football Betting Tips. For detailed match analysis, check out our Football Predictions for today’s games, or Tomorrow’s Football Predictions if you’re looking a little further down the road.
- 1 day ago
- Free Tips
- 1 day ago
- Bet Builders