Born in the south east of Ireland, Simon put his life-long love of football to good use when he started a successful independent blog in 2010. That opened up an alternative route to a career in journalism, and having had work published across a number of sites and publications, Simon joined the staff at Spotlight Sports Group in 2018.
Analysing football has never been more of a numbers game and we’ve been digesting the data to pick out backable patterns among the stats and figures again this week.
With those key numbers and statistics in mind, we’ve distilled data from some of the midweek fixtures from Europe’s major leagues to come up with a selection of betting tips from some of the less favoured markets.
Check out our selections below along with our 20/1 European leagues stat attack acca!
On the look out for more continental betting tips? Check out our match predictions page for our latest previews.
Best bookmaker for football betting?
All of our tips and prices are quoted with bet365. They have the best range of markets for all of your football betting needs and to suit our stats-based selections. We recommend you sign up for a bet365 account if you want to bet on the beautiful game, or you can bet on mobile using their iOS app. New customers can claim up to £100 in bet credits.
20/1 European League stat attack acca
Levante vs Barcelona (La Liga)
Every point counts at the summit of La Liga in a congested title race and Barcelona can’t afford any more slipups when they travel to take on Levante on Tuesday evening.
- Barcelona have scored 21 goals in the second half compared to 16 in the first of their La Liga away games this season.
- Six of the last nine goals scored in games between Levante and Barcelona were notched after the interval.
- 16 of the 25 goals conceded at home by Levante in La Liga this season were registered in the second half of their matches.
Betting tip: Half with the most goals: second @10/11
Sporting CP vs Boavista (Primeira Liga)
Sporting stand on the brink of history in their homeland and a win against Boavista on Tuesday evening will secure their first Primeira title since 2002.
- Sporting have won to nil in each of their last five meetings with Boavista in Lisbon.
- Sporting have conceded just nine goals in 15 home league matches this season.
- Sporting have kept a clean sheet in four of their last five Primeira Liga fixtures.
Betting tip: Sporting to win to nil @13/10
Sassuolo vs Juventus (Serie A)
As things stand, Juventus are on course to finish outside the top four places in Italy for the first time since 2011. Can the Old Lady get their campaign back on track at Sassuolo?
- Sassuolo have scored 22 goals in the second half of their Serie A home games this season compared to just six in the first.
- Six of the last eight goals notched by Sassuolo against Juventus were hit in the second period.
- Sassuolo have scored in the second half in seven of their last eight Serie A home assignments.
Betting tip: Home team highest scoring half: second @13/8
Sevilla vs Valencia (La Liga)
Sevilla still have an outside chance of stealing the title in La Liga, though only a win over struggling Valencia will keep their keep their hopes alive.
- In the last six meetings between Sevilla and Valencia, just one goal was scored before the 28-minute mark.
- In the last nine encounters between the teams in Seville in all competitions, just a single goal was notched inside 28 minutes.
- Valencia got on the scoresheet before 28 minutes in just two of their last seven away fixtures.
Betting tip: No goal before 28:00 minutes @5/6
More Betting news
Free Super Tips is the home of Football Betting Tips. For detailed match analysis, check out our Football Predictions for today’s games, or Tomorrow’s Football Predictions if you’re looking a little further down the road.
- 7 hours ago
- Betting Odds
- 7 hours ago