Born in the south east of Ireland, Simon put his life-long love of football to good use when he started a successful independent blog in 2010. That opened up an alternative route to a career in journalism, and having had work published across a number of sites and publications, Simon joined the staff at Spotlight Sports Group in 2018.
Manchester City host Liverpool at the Etihad on Thursday evening in what promises to be a high-octane clash between the Premier League’s two best teams.
Having just ended their despairingly long 30-year wait for a title, it feels fitting that Liverpool will play their first game as the newly crowned champions at the home of the team they deposed with such ease this term.
The Citizens, however, will be determined to spoil the Merseysiders title tour this week, and Pep Guardiola’s men have plenty of pride to restore on Thursday.
With the chance to break numerous Premier League records still open to Liverpool, Jurgen Klopp’s relentless Reds also have incentives to win, and that should ensure that we see a full complement of stars on show in Manchester.
Ahead of the action, we’ve delved deep into the statistics and odds to come up with a tasty looking 33/1 bet365 Bet Builder for Thursday’s heavyweight bout.
If you’re on the look out for a more detailed analysis of the game, we recommend checking out our Manchester City vs Liverpool predictions.
What is bet365’s Bet Builder?
Bet Builder allows you create the bet YOU want on any football match. You can choose from a list of the most popular markets and once you have added them to your bet, you can calculate the odds from your customised selection.
For example, you could combine first goalscorer, both teams to score, the total number of corners and the full-time result to create one single bet with the price for your multi-part selection.
You can add up to 6 separate markets to your Bet Builder selection, and your odds will update automatically each time you add a new selection.
Once you are finished and happy with your selections, select the price displayed on the Bet Builder slip and your unique bet will be added to your bet slip.
You can read about bet365’s Bet Builder in more detail here and you can sign up to bet365 and get up to £100 in bet credits using the banner below.
Manchester City vs Liverpool Bet Builder Tips
Both teams to score
- Liverpool scored at least once in 13 of their 15 Premier League away matches this season.
- Man City hit the net at least one in 14 of their 15 Premier League home games this term.
- Both teams registered in four of the last five meetings between City and Liverpool.
- The Citizens conceded in 12 of their last 20 fixtures in all competitions.
Over 2 goals in the match for both teams combined
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 9 of Man City’s last 11 Premier League home games
- Man City have seen over 2.5 goals in 9 of their last 10 home matches against Liverpool in all competitions.
- Man City have scored at least 2 goals in their last 7 Premier League home matches.
- Man City’s matches have averaged 3.2 goals per 90 minutes since the restart.
Under 4 cards in the march for both teams combined
- Liverpool have picked up fewer Premier League cards than any other club this season (29)
- Just two players were carded when Liverpool and Man City last played in November.
- Man City amassed just 1.6 cards per Premier League home fixture on average in 2019/20.
- Liverpool collected 1.2 cards per Premier League away assignment on average this term.
Manchester City to win
- Manchester City won 10 of their last 12 fixtures in all competitions.
- Liverpool are without a win in four away matches, losing three times and drawing once.
- The Citizens won 14 of their last 18 games at the Etihad Stadium.
- City beat Liverpool 2-1 when the sides last clashed in Manchester.
Rodrigo to get booked
- Rodrigo’s eight Premier League bookings this season makes him the Citizens’ most carded player.
- The Spaniard has picked up 11 yellow cards in all competitions this season.
- With Fernandinho likely out, Rodrigo becomes City’s sole midfield enforcer this week.
- Rodrigo has committed more fouls per game on average per game than any other City player this term.
Manchester City vs Liverpool Bet Builder Odds
By adding these selections to your own Bet Builder using the banner below, you come away with a massive 33/1 bet to sink your teeth into on Wednesday evening. Just click below and add the corresponding selections (or some of your own) to your very own bet365 Bet Builder.
More FST news
- 12 hours ago
- 1 day ago