The Premier League serves up a tasty looking nine-course fixture menu on New Year’s Day, with Arsenal’s late kick-off against Man Utd at the Emirates the piece de resistance.
Incredibly, the Gunners have won only one of their last 15 competitive games ahead of the visit of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s youthful United outfit, and fresh managerial appointment Mikel Arteta hasn’t yet been able to inspire a change of fortunes for his new employers.
United travel to the capital in buoyant mood after successive top-flight triumphs against Newcastle and Burnley respectively, though the inconsistency the Red Devils have shown this season means that previous results are rarely a reliable indicator for what’s to come.
What we do know for sure, is that encounters between Arsenal and Manchester United always deliver the goods in terms of drama and entertainment, and to help you get in the mood for Wednesday’s showpiece contest, we’ve put together a cracking looking customised selection for the game with bet365’s Bet Builder.
Make sure to take a look at the rest of our in depth Premier League predictions and betting tips too!
What is bet365’s Bet Builder?
Bet Builder allows you create the bet YOU want on any football match. You can choose from a list of the most popular markets and once you have added them to your bet, you can calculate the odds from your customised selection.
For example, you could combine first goalscorer, both teams to score, the total number of corners and the full-time result to create one single bet with the price for your multi-part selection.
You can add up to 6 separate markets to your Bet Builder selection, and your odds will update automatically each time you add a new selection.
Once you are finished and happy with your selections, select the price displayed on the Bet Builder slip and your unique bet will be added to your bet slip.
You can read about bet365’s Bet Builder in more detail here and you can sign up to bet365 and get up to £100 in bet credits using the banner below.
We’ve picked out a range of selections below that we think are worth considering on Wednesday, so check them out and don’t forget to check out our Arsenal vs Manchester United predictions here too.
Arsenal vs Manchester United Bet Builder Tips
Both teams to score
- Both teams found the net in 80% of Arsenal’s Premier League home matches this season.
- Man Utd conceded at least once in 90% of their top-flight away games this term.
- Goals were scored by both teams in five of the last six meetings between the clubs.
Over 3 cards in the match for both teams combined
- With 50 yellows and one red card, Arsenal are statistically the most carded team in the Premier League so far this season.
- Man Utd are statistically the 4th most ill-disciplined club having picked up 41 Premier League yellow cards since the summer.
- A whopping six players were booked in the reverse league meeting between the clubs in late September.
Over 10 corners in the match for both teams combined
- Arsenal’s matches rank first in the Premier League this season for average corners awarded per game (12.7).
- An average of 10.05 corners were awarded per 90 minutes in Man Utd’s Premier League fixtures this season.
- 15 corners were awarded to both teams combined when Man Utd drew 1-1 with Arsenal at Old Trafford on September 30th.
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang to score anytime
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang scored in Arsenal’s 1-1 draw with Man Utd in the reverse fixture this season and also registered in this exact fixture last term.
- Aubameyang has scored 100% of Arsenal’s goals under the management of Mikel Arteta (vs Bournemouth and vs Chelsea).
- Aubameyang is Arsenal’s leading marksman in the Premier League this season with 13 goals in 20 appearances.
Granit Xhaka to get booked
- Controversial midfielder Granit Xhaka is expected to return to the Arsenal XI on Wednesday.
- The 27-year old has already been booked four times in the Premier League this season.
- Xhaka was cautioned in Arsenal’s 1-1 draw with United in Manchester back in September.
- The Swiss international has averaged more fouls per 90 minutes (2.2) than any of his Arsenal teammates this term.
Arsenal vs Manchester United Bet Builder Odds
This is just a small sample of our favourite selections available using bet365’s Bet Builder feature for Wednesday’s eagerly anticipated clash at the Emirates Stadium, and adding these to your own Bet Builder delivers some tasty returns at a price of 11/1
Click the banner below to go straight to the bet365 Bet Builder section for Arsenal vs Manchester United!