The festive football period is stuffed with tasty looking Premier League fixtures, and there is a full 10-course top flight feast to consume between Boxing Day and December 27 this year.
Of course, analysing the Premier League has never been more of a numbers game, and here at FST we come armed with a team of analysts capable of finding the patterns among the reams of statistics and figures to help you approach the festive football betting markets as a more confident punter.
With those key numbers and statistics in mind, we’ve compiled a list of useful pieces of information that we think are worth keeping in mind ahead of the Premier League’s games on December 26 and 27.
For more detailed analysis of each of the weekend’s top flight games, we recommend you check out our Premier League predictions page for the latest match previews.
Best bookmaker for football betting?
All of our tips and prices are quoted with bet365. They have the best range of markets for all of your Premier League betting needs and to suit our stats-based selections. We recommend you sign up for a bet365 account if you want to bet on football, or you can bet on mobile using their iOS app. New customers can claim up to £100 in bet credits.
Premier League stat attack predictions
Saturday, December 26th
Leicester City vs Manchester United
Two of the Premier League’s prime top four contenders face off at the King Power Stadium when Leicester City host away day specialists Manchester United.
- 61.5% of Leicester City’s Premier League goals this season were plundered in the second half of their games.
- Similarly, 60.7% of Man Utd’s total league goals this season were hit in the second period.
- Both of the goals scored in Leicester’s last meeting with Man Utd at the King Power Stadium were scored after the 70th minute.
Betting tip: Highest scoring half: second @20/21
Arsenal vs Chelsea
Crisis club Arsenal have won just once in 10 Premier League fixtures ahead of their meeting with London rivals Chelsea. Can the Gunners bounce back against Frank Lampard’s Blues?
- Arsenal would be second bottom in the Premier League if games finished after 45 minutes.
- Arsenal have been winning just once at half time in their 14 Premier League fixtures so far this season.
- Chelsea meanwhile, were trailing at half time in only two of their 14 top-flight skirmishes since the summer.
Betting tip: Half-time result: Chelsea @6/4
Manchester City vs Newcastle United
Manchester City can ill afford to drop any more points if they are to launch a genuine title bid this season. Can the Citizens grab the victory they need against Steve Bruce’s Magpies?
- No Premier League club has conceded more goals in the final 15 minutes of games than Newcastle (10) so far this season.
- At the other end, 47% of Newcastle’s total goals this season were scored in the final 15 minutes of their matches.
- A goal was scored after the 80th minute in three of the last four encounters between Manchester City and Newcastle United.
Betting tip: Late goal: after 79:59 @5/6
Sunday, December 27th
Leeds vs Burnley
Leeds pit their white-knuckle footballing philosophy against a notoriously dogged Burnley team in what should prove a fascinating clash of ideologies at Elland Road.
- Leeds have scored 15 of their 24 Premier League goals in the second half of their matches this season.
- Leeds have conceded at least one second half goal in nine of their 14 Premier League fixtures this term.
- Burnley found the net in the second half in two of their last three Premier League contests.
Betting tip: Both teams to score in the second half @7/4
Liverpool vs West Brom
Champions Liverpool are really starting to hit the groove, and the Reds are huge favourites to dish out another Premier League beating to Sam Allardyce’s Baggies at Anfield.
- Liverpool have scored in both halves in 10 of their Premier League fixtures this season – which is more than any other team.
- Remarkably, Liverpool have scored in both halves in 100% of their seven Premier League home matches this term.
- Only Leeds (30) have conceded more goals than West Brom (29) in the Premier League since the Baggies’ promotion.
Betting tip: Liverpool to score in both halves @4/7
Wolves vs Tottenham Hotspur
Tottenham need to restraighten their path following a three-game slump, though a date with Wanderers at Molineux looks like another potential banana skin.
- Tottenham have been leading at half time in each of their last four meetings with Wolves.
- Tottenham have been trailing at half time just once in 14 Premier League fixtures this season.
- In contrast, Wolves have been leading just three times in 14 Premier League games so far this term.
Betting tip: Half-time result: Tottenham @15/8
A 6-fold accumulator featuring our Premier League stats selections above is available at 110/1 odds with bet365!
Remember – you can find detailed breakdowns of all the weekend’s club football fixtures with betting tips for each on our Premier League betting tips page.