Boxing Day and football go hand-in-hand like turkey and cranberry sauce, and watching the action unfold while eating Christmas dinner leftover sandwiches is always one of the most enjoyable parts of the entire festive period.
This year, there is a packed slate of Boxing Day football fixtures to choose from, including six Premier League skirmishes plus a smattering of Championship and Scottish football to choose from.
To help you plan your day, we’ve pulled together all the information you need to catch the action below, including TV listings and kick-off times – and remember – we’ll be covering all the games with betting tips for each contest over on our football predictions page.
It’s also worth checking out FST’s official Festive Football Guide to find out where you can catch the rest of the Premier League action during the holiday and New Year period!
How to watch Premier League fixtures on Boxing Day
All six of the Premier League fixtures scheduled to be contested on Boxing Day will be shown live this year on BT Sport, BBC and Sky Sports, starting from Leicester City’s 12:30 kick-off against Man Utd and running right through to the league’s 20:00 matches featuring Man City, Newcastle, Sheffield United and Everton.
Don’t’ forget – our analysts will be providing the best pre-game coverage and betting tips for the Boxing Day programme on our Premier League predictions page.
- 12:30 – Leicester City vs Manchester United (BT Sport 1/BT Sport Ultimate)
- 15:00 – Aston Villa vs Crystal Palace (BBC One/BBC iPlayer)
- 15:00 – Fulham vs Southampton (Sky Sports Main Event/Premier League Ultra HD)
- 17:30 – Arsenal vs Chelsea (Sky Sports Main Event/Premier League Ultra HD)
- 20:00 – Manchester City vs Newcastle United (BT Sport 1/BT Sport Ultimate)
- 20:00 – Sheffield United vs Everton (BT Sport 2)
Which Premier League games are free to air?
Aston Villa’s intriguing looking clash with Crystal Palace at Villa Park is the only free to air Premier League fixture on Boxing Day. You can follow the action live on the BBC or BBC iPlayer from 15:00.
Other live football on Boxing Day
Away from the Premier League, supporters can tune in to watch plenty of top-level action from a number of other domestic divisions on Boxing Day, where there will be Scottish Premiership, Welsh Premier League, National League, Championship and even some Brazilian Serie A footy to choose from. Many of the fixtures below will feature in our free football tips – make sure to check them out!
- 12:30 – Rangers v Hibernian – Scottish Premiership (Sky Sports Main Event/Football/Sky One)
- 15:00 – Aberdeen v St Johnstone – Scottish Premiership (RedTV)
- 15:00 – Dundee United v Motherwell – Scottish Premiership (DUTV)
- 15:00 – Hamilton Academical v Celtic – Scottish Premiership (Sky Sports Football/Sky One)
- 15:00 – Kilmarnock v Livingston – Scottish Premiership (Killie TV)
- 15:00 – Ross County v St Mirren – Scottish Premiership (RCFCTV)
- 17:15 – Bala Town v Caernarfon Town – Welsh Premier League (S4C)
- 17:20 – Dover Athletic v Dagenham & Redbridge – National League (BT Sport 1)
- 19:45 – Watford v Norwich City – Championship (Sky Sports Main Event/Sky Sports Football)
- 22:00 – Fortaleza v Flamengo – Campeonato Brasileiro Serie A (FreeSports)
Premier League Boxing Day betting odds
12:30 – Leicester City vs Manchester United
- Leicester: 19/10
- Manchester United: 13/10
- Draw: 13/5
15:00 – Aston Villa vs Crystal Palace
- Aston Villa: 10/11
- Crystal Palace: 11/4
- Draw: 11/4
15:00 – Fulham vs Southampton
- Fulham: 21/10
- Southampton: 13/10
- Draw: 23/10
17:30 – Arsenal vs Chelsea
- Arsenal: 14/5
- Chelsea: 10/11
- Draw: 11/4
20:00 – Manchester City vs Newcastle United
- Manchester City: 1/9
- Newcastle United: 16/1
- Draw: 9/1
20:00 – Sheffield United vs Everton
- Sheffield United: 10/3
- Everton: 3/4
- Draw: 14/5
*All odds correct as of 07:00 on December 22. Odds can be subject to fluctuation. 18+.
Best bookmaker for Boxing Day betting
All of our tips and prices are quoted with bet365. They have the best range of markets for Premier League betting from match and team markets to Asian lines and handicaps for the more experienced bettors. We recommend you sign up for a bet365 account if you want to bet on cards and corners, or you can bet on mobile using their iOS app. New customers can claim up to £100 in bet credits.