Born in the south east of Ireland, Simon put his life-long love of football to good use when he started a successful independent blog in 2010. That opened up an alternative route to a career in journalism, and having had work published across a number of sites and publications, Simon joined the staff at Spotlight Sports Group in 2018.
Arsenal take on Liverpool at the Emirates on Wednesday evening, in a fixture that is undoubtedly the showpiece event from this Premier League action-packed mid-week schedule.
Still reeling from their late derby defeat at Tottenham, the Gunners will be determined to recover with a statement performance against newly crowned champions Liverpool, and armed with a seven-match unbeaten run at home, Arsenal should prove tricky opponents for Jurgen Klopp’s title holding Reds.
Liverpool saw perfect their perfect home record vanish in a disappointing 1-1 draw with Burnley last time out, but with numerous other landmarks still within reach, the Merseysiders will be determined to recover quickly in the capital this week.
Ahead of the drama, we’ve put together a tasty looking five-part #OOT selection with Betfair for Thursday’s game – but before we dive into our Odds on That selections, make sure to check out our Arsenal vs Liverpool predictions here.
What is Betfair’s #OddsOnThat?
Betfair’s #OddsOnThat feature allows you create a customised multiples bet based on your own unique picks ahead of a particular football match. You can choose from a huge variety of markets and once you have decided on your selection, you can request a price for your acca from Betfair on Twitter using the #OddsOnThat hashtag.
Want to add FST’s 18/1 selection straight to your betslip? Check it out below:
Arsenal vs Liverpool #OOT
Both teams to score
- Both teams found the net in four of Arsenal’s last seven Premier League fixtures.
- Both teams registered in 100% of the last five meetings between Arsenal and Liverpool in all competitions.
- Liverpool kept just one clean sheet in their last six away assignments in all competitions.
- Liverpool scored at least once in 14 of their 17 Premier League away games this season.
3 or more goals scored
- Three or more goals hit the net in six of the last seven meetings between Arsenal and Liverpool.
- Those games averaged a staggering 5.14 goals per 90 minutes.
- Three or more goals were registered in five of Arsenal’s last eight fixtures.
- A minimum of three goals were scored in three of Liverpool’s last five games.
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang to score anytime
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang scored three times in his last four Premier League appearances.
- All three of those goals were scored in matches at the Emirates Stadium.
- Aubameyang is the Premier League’s second highest scorer with 20 goals this season.
- Liverpool conceded 10 goals in their last five away contests in all competitions.
Arsenal to win or draw
- Liverpool won just one of their last six away matches in all competitions.
- Arsenal won five and drew two of their last seven Premier League home games.
- Arsenal held Liverpool to a draw on each of the Reds’ last two trips to the Emirates.
- Liverpool failed to win 50% of their last eight Premier League fixtures.
Granit Xhaka to be carded
- With eight bookings, Xhaka is Arsenal’s most carded Premier League player this season.
- The midfielder has been cautioned once every 288 minutes this season.
- Xhaka tops the charts at Arsenal for average fouls committed (1.9) per Premier League game this season.
- Xhaka picked up a yellow card when Arsenal lost 3-1 at Liverpool in December 2018.
More FST news
- 8 hours ago
- Betting Odds
- 1 day ago
- Sky Super 6