Born in the south east of Ireland, Simon put his life-long love of football to good use when he started a successful independent blog in 2010. That opened up an alternative route to a career in journalism, and having had work published across a number of sites and publications, Simon joined the staff at Spotlight Sports Group in 2018.
The Premier League continues to deliver drama by the bucketful, and with a heavy top-flight fixture flow between now and the end of the 2019/20 campaign, supporters have tons of high-octane action to look forward to.
There is yet another jam-packed mid-week schedule of action to consume over the coming days – and running alongside the more popular match result and goals markets for the games are the often overlooked but equally lucrative corners and cards options offered by the bookies.
Those particular markets require some extra elbow-grease and research to find trends worth backing – and that can sometimes be a little off-putting.
However, at FST we’ve done all the hard work to bring you the very best value in the corners and cards markets this week – and below, we’ve compiled a five-fold accumulator based on our research that comes in at a tasty 19/1 for Wednesday’s quartet of games.
Don’t forget – you can also find all of our match previews and betting tips for the division’s mid-week matches on our Premier League predictions page.
Best bookmaker for cards and corners betting?
All of our tips and prices are quoted with bet365. They have the best range of markets for cards and corners as well as everything from match and team markets to Asian lines and handicaps for the more experienced bettors. We recommend you sign up for a bet365 account if you want to bet on cards and corners, or you can bet on mobile using their iOS app. New customers can claim up to £100 in bet credits.
- Only Newcastle (3.91) have won fewer corners per game on average than Burnley (4.29) in the Premier League this season.
- Wolves’ league games have seen fewer total corners (9.06) awarded on average than any other team’s fixtures in the division.
- Just seven corners in total were awarded when Burnley last played Wolves in August.
Betting Tip: Under 10 total corners @6/5
- Man City have won more corners per game on average (7.94) than any other Premier League club this season.
- Only Norwich City (6.89) have conceded more corners per game on average than Bournemouth (6.83) in the Premier League this term.
- The aggregate corner count from the last three meetings between Man City and Bournemouth was 27-8 in the Citizens’ favour.
Betting Tip: Man City -5.0 corner handicap @5/6
- Only Arsenal (81) have picked up more cards than Tottenham (78) in the Premier League so far this season.
- Spurs have collected an average of 2.29 cards per Premier League away game in 2019/10.
- Newcastle have amassed an average of 1.88 cards per Premier League home game this term.
Betting Tip: Tottenham Hotspur card handicap 0.0 @6/4
- Arsenal are the Premier League’s worst offending team this season with a whopping 81 cards collected since August.
- In contrast, Liverpool (37) have picked up fewer total cards than any other club in the division this season.
- No club has had more players sent off (5) than Arsenal in the Premier League this season.
Betting Tip: Arsenal card handicap 0.0 @21/20
FST’s Corners and Cards Acca
Single bets are all well and good, but everyone loves a cheeky odds-boosting acca! This weekend we’ve gone for a tasty looking 19/1 4-fold featuring our Premier League selections from above.
More FST news
- 11 hours ago
- 1 day ago