Manchester United continue their pursuit of continental glory in Belgium this week when they take on Club Brugge in a compelling looking Europa League Round of 32 first leg tussle at the Jan Breydel Stadium.
United coasted through the tournament’s Group Stage before the turn of the year, though a double assignment against Belgian league leaders and Champions League demotees Club Brugge should represent a step up in quality and a sterner test for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side.
The Belgians’ elimination from the Champions League last year was compounded by their failure to win a single group match, though their 2-2 draw at the Santiago Bernabéu against 13-times winners Real Madrid offered a glimpse of just how dangerous they can be.
This week’s first leg contest has all the makings of an intriguing tie and to help you get in the mood for the game, we’ve put together a tasty looking #OddsOnThat selection for Club Brugge’s clash with Man Utd on Thursday.
Check it out below!
Looking for more Club Brugge vs Manchester United predictions? Read our detailed match preview of the game with exclusive betting tips now.
What is Betfair’s #OddsOnThat?
Betfair’s Odds on That feature allows you create a customised multiples bet based on your own unique picks ahead of a particular football match. You can choose from a huge variety of markets and once you have decided on your selection, you can request a price for your acca from Betfair on Twitter using the #OddsOnThat hashtag.
Under 2.5 goals
- Two of Man Utd’s three Europa League away games this season returned under 2.5 goals.
- United scored one or fewer goals in four of their six UEL Group fixtures before Christmas.
- Club Brugge scored one or fewer goals in five of their six Champions League Group matches last year.
- Man Utd kept a clean sheet in each of their last four fixtures.
Under 10.0 total corners
- Club Brugge won just 4.1 corners per 90 minutes on average during their UCL Group campaign last year.
- Man Utd won five or fewer corners in four of their six UEL Group games before the turn of the year.
- United won just 3.33 corners on average in their Europa League away fixtures at the beginning of the season.
Club Brugge most cards
- Club Brugge collected a total of 11 yellows and three red cards in the UCL Group stage earlier this season.
- In contrast, Man Utd picked up a much lower total of seven yellow cards in their six UEL Group matches.
- Club Brugge had more men sent off (three) than any other club in the Group Stage of the Champions League.
Second half highest scoring half
- Eight of the 12 goals scored in Man Utd’s UEL Group matches earlier this season were plundered in the second half.
- 11 of the 15 goals registered in Club Brugge’s UCL fixtures before Christmas were scored in the second period.
- 88% of the goals scored in Club Brugge’s Champions League Group matches at home came after the half time interval.
Man Utd to win
- Man Utd won four of their six UEL Group games last year, losing just once in a dead rubber at Astana with a reserve XI.
- Club Brugge failed to win any of their UCL Group matches on their way to being eliminated from the competition last year.
- The Belgians lost two and drew one of their three Group home games, shipping a whopping eight goals in their final two games at the Jan Breydel Stadium.
Back Our 33/1 #OOT Special Here!
Keep up to date with our latest UEL betting tips and special offers on our Europa League predictions page.