Saturday’s football schedule might look a little lighter without the thrills and spills of the Premier League, however, there’s still plenty to look forward to in the always exciting EFL.
There are 10 fixtures from League Two to enjoy this weekend, while our League One match predictions page gives you the lowdown on the best of the action from England’s third tier.
League Two grabs a bigger share of the spotlight than usual with no Premier League or Championship action hogging all the attention, and we’ve combed through the early season form and stats to pick out our favourite bets from across Saturday’s fixtures.
You can see each of our League Two match predictions below, complete with statistics and analysis of all our featured games, and all six of our predictions can be combined combined make up a juicy looking 160/1 accumulator with bet365.
For more from England’s fourth tier see our dedicated League Two predictions page.
League Two Predictions & Best Bets
Cambridge United vs Barrow
- Cambridge have won three of their last four League Two home games.
- Barrow have failed to score in each of their last two matches.
Cambridge have conceded eight goals in 11 League Two matches this season and look a solid bet to defeat Barrow without conceding a goal. Inexperienced Cambridge manager Mark Bonner has built a well-organised side and they can contain the Bluebirds, who have lost four in five on their league travels. Barrow failed to notch in their last two, and the Bluebirds could find themselves in a flap again in the final third on Saturday.
Betting tip: Cambridge Town Win to Nil
Carlisle vs Cheltenham
- Carlisle have a 100% winning record at home in League Two after five matches.
- Cheltenham were beaten in each of their last two away league fixtures on the bounce.
Carlisle are one of three EFL teams with a 100 per cent home record and they can maintain it by defeating promotion rivals Cheltenham at Brunton Park. The Cumbrians have lost one in eight league games and their intensity may trouble Cheltenham, who are looking vulnerable following defeats in successive away matches.
Betting tip: Carlisle to Win
Colchester vs Leyton Orient
- Leyton Orient have lost just once in five matches in League Two.
- Colchester have dropped points in 50% of their last six league assignments.
Colchester have taken 13 points from five home games this season but may have to settle for a draw at home to Leyton Orient, who are a point below them in the League Two table. Orient had gone four league games unbeaten before a narrow 2-1 loss at Forest Green and will be eager to get back on track.
Betting tip: Draw
Harrogate vs Crawley Town
- Both teams have scored in three of Harrogate’s last five league matches.
- Both teams have registered in four of Crawley’s last seven contests in all competitions.
Crawley were involved in an extraordinary FA Cup first round tie at Torquay on Sunday – winning 6-5 after extra-time – and their trip to Harrogate could feature plenty of goals. Harrogate will be eager to snap a sequence of four games without a league win but may struggle to keep Crawley at bay.
Betting tip: Both Teams to Score
Oldham vs Scunthorpe
- Oldham have enjoyed four wins from five in all competitions.
- Scunthorpe were beaten in each of their last eight matches in league and cup.
Oldham took a while to get going this season but can chalk up a fourth successive victory when hosting struggling Scunthorpe at Boundary Park. Harry Kewell’s side won 2-1 at home to Cheltenham in their last league game and look superior to Scunny who have suffered eight successive defeats.
Betting tip: Oldham to Win
Walsall vs Southend
- Walsall have been beaten just once in 11 League Two fixtures so far this season.
- In contrast, Southend lost nine of their first 11 league games of the new campaign.
Walsall’s promotion push has been hampered by too many draws (seven in 11 league games) but they should soon gain the ascendancy against rock bottom Southend, who look totally out of their depth. The Saddlers have posted three home wins this term and should brush aside the winless Shrimpers.
Betting tip: Walsall to Win
160/1 League Two Accumulator Tip
You can back all six of our favourite League Two bets for the weekend in one accumulator below, with the sixfold being priced up at 160/1 with bet365. With a quieter Saturday afternoon than usual, we think this League Two accumulator tip is a good option if you’re looking for something to follow in the 3pm kick-offs.