Born in the south east of Ireland, Simon put his life-long love of football to good use when he started a successful independent blog in 2010. That opened up an alternative route to a career in journalism, and having had work published across a number of sites and publications, Simon joined the staff at Spotlight Sports Group in 2018.
Analysing the Premier League has never been more of a numbers game, and we’ve been crunching the numbers to find backable patterns among the reams of statistics and figures again this week.
With those key numbers and statistics in mind, we’ve distilled data from the Premier League’s fixtures on Saturday to come up with a selection of betting tips from some of the less favoured markets.
Check out our selections below along with our 33/1 Premier League stat attack acca.
For more detailed analysis of each of the weekend’s top flight games, we recommend you check out our Premier League predictions page for the latest match previews.
Best bookmaker for football betting?
All of our tips and prices are quoted with bet365. They have the best range of markets for all of your Premier League betting needs and to suit our stats-based selections. We recommend you sign up for a bet365 account if you want to bet on cards and corners, or you can bet on mobile using their iOS app. New customers can claim up to £100 in bet credits.
33/1 Premier League stat attack acca
Arsenal travel to Turf Moor for what promises to be a battle for inches against Sean Dyche’s dogged Burnley team.
- The last two encounters between Burnley and Arsenal have been all square at half time.
- Burnley have been level at half time 14 times in the league this season – the joint highest figure in the division.
- Arsenal have held a half time lead in just four of their 13 Premier League away fixtures this season.
Betting tip: Half time result – draw @5/4
Sheffield United are targeting their second home win inside a week when they welcome an out of sorts Southampton team to Bramall Lane.
- Sheffield United have scored exactly one goal in five of their last eight home games in all competitions.
- The Blades have scored exactly once in seven separate Premier League games this season.
- Southampton have conceded exactly one goal in two of their last three league assignments.
Betting tip: Exactly one Sheffield United goal @6/4
Aston Villa are aiming to bounce back from their midweek slip up in Saturday’s Midlands derby against Wolves.
- 27 goals have been scored in the first half of Wolves’ league games this season compared to 38 in the second half.
- Remarkably, 27 goals have also been notched in the first half of league games involving Aston Villa this season, while 38 have been hit in the second.
- Six of the last eight goals scored in encounters between Aston Villa and Wolves were registered in the second half.
Betting tip: Half with the most goals – second @21/20
Injury stricken Leicester City head south for a tricky looking test against Graham Potter’s slick passing Brighton outfit.
- Leicester City have been awarded more penalties than any other team in the league this season (ten).
- The Foxes meanwhile, are the only team to have been awarded more spot kicks than Brighton, who have won eight.
- Leicester were awarded a penalty on each of their last two trips to the Amex Stadium.
Betting tip: Penalty in the match – yes @2/1
More betting news:
- 1 day ago
- Free Tips
- 1 day ago
- Bet Builders