Born in the south east of Ireland, Simon put his life-long love of football to good use when he started a successful independent blog in 2010. That opened up an alternative route to a career in journalism, and having had work published across a number of sites and publications, Simon joined the staff at Spotlight Sports Group in 2018.
Analysing the Premier League has never been more of a numbers game, and we’ve been crunching the numbers to find backable patterns among the reams of statistics and figures again this week.
With those key numbers and statistics in mind, we’ve distilled data from the Premier League’s midweek fixture slate to come up with a selection of betting tips from some of the less favoured markets.
Check out our selections below along with our 10/1 Premier League stat attack acca.
For more detailed analysis of each of the weekend’s top flight games, we recommend you check out our Premier League predictions page for the latest match previews.
Best bookmaker for football betting?
All of our tips and prices are quoted with bet365. They have the best range of markets for all of your Premier League betting needs and to suit our stats-based selections. We recommend you sign up for a bet365 account if you want to bet on the Premier League, or you can bet on mobile using their iOS app. New customers can claim up to £100 in bet credits.
10/1 Premier League stat attack acca
Chelsea vs Brighton
With an FA Cup final place and a spot in the Champions League semis in the bank, Chelsea turn their attentions to Premier League endeavours with at home game against Brighton.
- Holding midfielder Yves Bissouma (2.8) has averaged more tackles than any other Brighton player in the Premier League this season.
- Bissouma has already made three or more tackles in 14 separate Premier League fixtures this term.
- Bissouma made three tackles when Brighton last faced Chelsea in September.
Betting tip: Yves Bissouma over 2.5 tackles @4/6
Tottenham Hotspur vs Southampton
Tottenham enter the post-Jose Mourinho era with a fixture against beaten FA Cup semi-finalists Southampton in North London on Wednesday.
- No Premier League club has scored more goals inside the opening 15 minutes of their home games than Tottenham this season (seven).
- A goal has been scored inside 27 minutes in each of the last six meetings between Spurs and Southampton in North London.
- A goal has been notched inside the opening 27 minutes in three of Southampton’s last four league matches.
Betting tip: Early goal (before 27:00 mins) @5/6
Aston Villa vs Manchester City
Manchester City’s quadruple dreams have been dashed for another season, though the Citizens can tighten their grip on first place in the Premier League with a win at Aston Villa.
- Manchester City have been leading at half time on each of their last three visits to Villa Park.
- Aston Villa have been leading at the interval just once in their last six home league matches.
- Manchester City have won each of their last nine Premier League away fixtures.
Betting tip: Half-time result: Manchester City @10/11
Leicester City vs West Brom
Leicester secured their place in the FA Cup final at the weekend, however, ahead of the visit of WBA on Thursday, the Foxes still have work to do to ensure they hold on to a place in the Premier League’s top four.
- All three goals in Leicester’s win over WBA in September were notched after the interval.
- 11 of the last 15 Premier League goals scored at the King Power Stadium were registered in the second half.
- Nine of the last 15 league goals struck in West Brom’s away games were notched in the second half.
Betting tip: Highest scoring half – second @21/20
More betting news:
To squeeze every drop of value out of today’s Football Predictions and Tomorrow’s Football Predictions we highly recommend you take a look at our Free Bets hub, where you can compare all the best free bets and special offers from the best sportsbooks around.
- 2 hours ago
- Premier League
- 1 day ago
- Champions League