Born in the south east of Ireland, Simon put his life-long love of football to good use when he started a successful independent blog in 2010. That opened up an alternative route to a career in journalism, and having had work published across a number of sites and publications, Simon joined the staff at Spotlight Sports Group in 2018.
The always thrilling Champions League claims the spotlight again this week, when some of Europe’s household names meet to contest the second legs of their Last 16 ties on Tuesday and Wednesday evening.
With that in mind, our latest cards and corners predictions have a distinct continental flavour, and we’ve been poring over the numbers to find you the best Champions League betting tips and predictions for those markets.
Keep reading to see our cards and corners tips for this week’s quartet of Champions League fixtures plus our 15/1 acca!
Remember – you can find detailed analysis and free betting tips for all of the week’s matches on our Champions League predictions page.
Best bookmaker for cards and corners betting?
All of our tips and prices are quoted with bet365. They have the best range of markets for cards and corners as well as everything from match and team markets to Asian lines and handicaps for the more experienced bettors. We recommend you sign up for a bet365 account if you want to bet on cards and corners, or you can bet on mobile using their iOS app. New customers can claim up to £100 in bet credits.
15/1 Champions League cards and corners acca
- Just a single corner was awarded when Man City and Gladbach met in Germany last month.
- Man City have conceded just seven corners in total in the Champions League this season.
- Borussia Monchengladbach have won an average of just 2.43 corners per 90 minutes in the Champions League this term. No remaining team in the tournament has won fewer.
Betting tip: Under 9.0 corners @1/1
- Only Atletico Madrid have won more Champions League corners than Real Madrid this season.
- Real Madrid have won 7.29 corners per 90 minutes of Champions League action this term.
- Atalanta have conceded an average of 4.86 corners per Champions League fixture in 2020/21.
Betting tip: Over 4.5 Real Madrid team corners @4/5
- Lazio had five players carded to Bayern’s two when the teams met in Italy last month.
- Of the clubs remaining in this season’s Champions League, only PSG have collected more cards than Lazio.
- Lazio have picked up 2.85 cards per 90 minutes in the Champions League this term.
Betting tip: Lazio +0.0 card handicap @10/11
- 11 corners were awarded when Chelsea played Atletico Madrid in Spain last month.
- Atletico Madrid’s Champions League games have produced an average of 11.75 corners per 90 minutes this season.
- Atletico Madrid have won more corners than any other team competing in this season’s Champions League.
Betting tip: Over 10.0 corners @11/8
More betting content:
Free Super Tips is the home of the best free football tips around. Make sure to check out our Premier League Predictions, Champions League Predictions and Europa League Predictions for the best football betting tips.
- 1 day ago
- Champions League
- 2 days ago
- Bet Builders