The Premier League delivers its first full fixture programme of the season this weekend, and today, we’re focussing on Saturday’s mouth-watering quarter of top-flight tussles
Running alongside the more popular match result and goals markets for Saturday’s games are the often overlooked but equally lucrative corners and cards options offered by the bookies.
Those particular markets require some extra elbow-grease and research to find trends worth backing – and that can sometimes be a little off-putting.
However, at FST we’ve done all the hard work to bring you the very best value in the corners and cards markets this week – and below, we’ve compiled a four-fold accumulator based on our research that comes in at a tasty 13/1 for a selection of the weekend’s action.
Don’t forget – you can also find all of our match previews and betting tips for all the fixtures we cover on our football predictions page.
Best bookmaker for cards and corners betting?
All of our tips and prices are quoted with bet365. They have the best range of markets for cards and corners as well as everything from match and team markets to Asian lines and handicaps for the more experienced bettors. We recommend you sign up for a bet365 account if you want to bet on cards and corners, or you can bet on mobile using their iOS app. New customers can claim up to £100 in bet credits.
Saturday, September 19
- Last season, only four clubs collected more yellow cards than West Brom in the Championship (85).
- Only Leeds committed fewer fouls than Everton on the opening weekend of the Premier League season.
- Just 43% of Everton’s Premier League cards last season were collected in games at Goodison Park.
Betting Tip: WBA +0.0 card handicap
- Eight Fulham players were carded in the Cottagers’ pair of Championship meetings with Leeds last season.
- Fulham had five players carded in their defeat to Leeds on their last trip to Elland Road.
- The Cottagers were just one of six Premier League clubs to pick up more than one booking on the opening weekend of the new season.
Betting Tip: Over 2.5 Fulham team cards
- Man Utd won eight corners to Palace’s one when the teams met at Old Trafford last season.
- In the return fixture at Selhurst Park, United won seven corners to the Eagles’ two.
- Only five clubs conceded more corners in the Premier League than Crystal Palace in 2019/20 (235).
Betting Tip: Man Utd -3.0 corner handicap
- West Ham had four players booked to Arsenal’s one in the clubs’ pair of Premier League encounters last season.
- Only Spurs and Crystal Palace committed more fouls on the opening day of the season than West Ham (13).
- Only three clubs’ players were fouled more often on the opening day than Arsenal’s (12) meanwhile.
Betting Tip: West Ham +0.0 card handicap
FST’s Corners and Cards Acca
Single bets are all well and good, but everyone loves a cheeky odds-boosting acca! This weekend we’ve gone for a tasty looking 13/1 4-fold featuring our selections from above.