England and Wales warm up for their more competitive endeavours later this week when they meet at Wembley Stadium in Thursday’s friendly international, but with local bragging rights and starting spots to play for, intensity levels are expected to be high.
The Three Lions’ squad contains a dozen players that have won two or fewer international caps, while the average age of Wales’ roster under Giggs continues to be one of the lowest in Europe, and with so many new and fresh faces keen to showcase their skills on international stage, Thursday’s game has the makings of a thrilling skirmish.
Ahead of what promises to be an intriguing evening of football at Wembley, we’ve dived head first into the stats to put together a cracking looking 40/1 Bet Builder with bet365. Check it out below!
Remember – you can find a more detailed analysis and more exclusive betting tips for the game in our England vs Wales predictions.
What is bet365’s Bet Builder?
Bet Builder allows you create the bet YOU want on any football match. You can choose from a list of the most popular markets and once you have added them to your bet, you can calculate the odds from your customised selection.
For example, you could combine first goalscorer, both teams to score, the total number of corners and the full-time result to create one single bet with the price for your multi-part selection.
You can add up to 6 separate markets to your Bet Builder selection, and your odds will update automatically each time you add a new selection.
Once you are finished and happy with your selections, select the price displayed on the Bet Builder slip and your unique bet will be added to your bet slip.
You can read about bet365’s Bet Builder in more detail here and you can sign up to bet365 and get up to £100 in bet credits using the banner below.
England vs Wales Bet Builder tips
England to Win
- England won each of their last seven games at home, scoring 27 goals in the process.
- Wales won just three of their last nine away assignments since May 2018.
- England won each of their last five meetings with Wales.
Both teams to score
- Wales scored at least once in 11 of their last 12 matches.
- England conceded at least once in nine of their last 16 friendly internationals.
- Both teams scored when England last faced off in 2016.
Dominic Calvert-Lewin to score anytime
- Calvert-Lewin rattled home nine goals in just six appearances for Everton so far this season.
- The 23-year-old scored 17 times in his last 28 runouts for the Toffees overall.
- Calvert-Lewin scored seven times in 17 appearances at Under-21 level for England.
Check out our Dominic Calvert-Lewin Premier League goals special with 20/1 and 5/2 selections here!
Ben Davies to get booked
- Only four Spurs players have committed more fouls per game than Davies (1.8) at club level so far this season.
- Davies was booked six times in just 16 Premier League starts for Tottenham last term.
- Davies was cautioned three times in his last seven away appearances for Wales.
- Davies was shown yellow when Wales last played England in 2016.
Under 4 cards in the match for both teams combined
- Just one player was booked when England and Wales last locked horns in 2016 (Ben Davies).
- England didn’t pick up a single card in their last international game against Denmark.
- England collected a total of just two bookings in their last four home assignments.