German football fixtures don’t come much bigger than Borussia Dortmund vs Bayern Munich – and Tuesday’s Klassiker at the Signal Iduna Park has all the makings of another thrilling clash between the two biggest clubs in the Bundesliga.
With a buffer of just point points between league leaders Bayern and their nearest challengers Dortmund, in second, Tuesday’s tussle has the feel of a genuine title decider.
Ahead of the action, we’ve compiled a list of our favourite OddsOnThat (#OOT) selections from Tuesday’s heavyweight bout between Dortmund and Bayern.
Check them out below.
Remember – we’ll be covering the rest of the mid-week German top-flight fixtures extensively with match previews and tips for each game on our Bundesliga predictions page.
What is Betfair’s #OddsOnThat?
Betfair’s Odds on That feature allows you create a customised multiples bet based on your own unique picks ahead of a particular football match. You can choose from a huge variety of markets and once you have decided on your selection, you can request a price for your acca from Betfair on Twitter using the #OddsOnThat hashtag.
Borussia Dortmund vs Bayern Munich #OOT selections
FST’s #OOT Klassiker Special
Lewandowski anytime; Haaland 2+ shots on target; Bayern Munich most corners; over 3.5 total goals; Kimmich yellow card @40/1
- Robert Lewandowski scored a phenomenal 12 times in his last 10 appearances for Bayern, and is the Bundesliga’s current leading scorer on 27 goals.
- Erling Haaland has been getting 61.9% of his attempts on target for Dortmund in the Bundesliga since crossing the border from Austria to Germany.
- Bayern have won the corner count in each of their last four meetings with Dortmund. The last time Bayern visited the Signal Iduna Park, they won six corners to their host’s zero.
- There has been an average of 4.83 goals per game over the last six Bundesliga Klassikers
- Joshua Kimmich has been booked 10 times in all competitions for Bayern so far this season. The versatile German international was carded against Dortmund in August’s Super Cup.
For a more detailed breakdown of our tasty looking 40/1 #OOT selection for Borussia Dortmund vs Bayern Munich – click here.
Robert Lewandowski to score 2 or more goals & Lukasz Piszczek to be carded @30/1
- Robert Lewandowski has notched 16 goals in Der Klassiker games since swapping Dortmund for Bayern in 2014.
- Lewandowski found the net twice in Bayern’s 4-0 win over Dortmund earlier this season.
- The Polish international has already hit two or more goals in 11 separate games for club and country in 2019/20.
- 34-year-old fullback Lukasz Piszczek will be defending the flank that Alphonso Davies and Serge Gnabry will be combining to raid down for Bayern on Tuesday.
3+ match goals; 3+ cards & 6+ corners @10/11
- Over 3.5 goals has landed in each of the last six Bundesliga meetings between these two sides.
- Dortmund’s home games have averaged a huge 4.23 goals per 90 minutes in 2019/20.
- Bayern Munich (7.37) have won more corners per game on average than any other Bundesliga side this season, while Dortmund rank third on that same list (5.66).
- The last three Bundesliga meetings between Bayern and Dortmund saw an average of 4.0 cards handed out per 90 minutes.
Each team over 1.5 shots on target in each half @21/10
- With 80 and 74 goals respectively, Bayern and Dortmund are the Bundesliga’s two most prolific clubs this season.
- Bayern have averaged 18.7 attempts on goal per Bundesliga fixture so far this season, while Dortmund have racked up 13.4 attempts per game on average.
- Dortmund’s attempts figure jumps to a more impressive 15.9 per home game however.
- In terms of accuracy, Bayern are averaging 7.6 shots on target per league fixture this term, while Dortmund’s equivalent figure stands at 5.8.
Bayern Munich to win; Bayern Munich most corners & Dortmund most cards @10/1
- Bayern Munich won three of their last four Bundesliga meetings with Dortmund, winning the last two league encounters 4-0 and 5-0.
- The Bavarians won 16 of their last 17 fixtures in all competitions. Their last defeat was a 2-1 reverse at Gladbach in early December.
- In each of the last four meetings between the German giants, Bayern came out on top in the corner count, winning a whopping 27 of them to Dortmund’s four overall in their last quartet of encounters.
- Dortmund amassed eight cards to Munich’s seven in the last three tussles between the teams at Signal Iduna Park combined.
More FST News: