- San Mames Barria
- La Liga TV
- Click to Stream on bet365
- Atletico Madrid’s last five away trips have produced under 2.5 goals.
- Under 2.5 goals have been scored in six of Bilbao’s last seven in all competitions and in four of their last five starts at San Mames.
- The hosts have failed to net in their last three games, while Atleti have scored just one goal in their last three league matches on the road.
Leaders set for a scrap at San Mames
Atletico Madrid will look to eek out another crucial victory when they square off against Athletic Bilbao this Sunday and we’re anticipating a low scoring, scrappy affair at San Mames.
The league leaders should have enough to edge out the struggling hosts who are without a win in seven across all competitions, though we’re reluctant to back Diego Simeone’s side at odds-on considering they’ve picked up just two points and scored just one goal from their last three away trips.
Under 2.5 goals rates a near certainty based on recent stats, with less than three goals fired in all but one of the hosts’ last seven. Bilbao have been in woeful form in front of goal going into this contest after drawing three blanks on the spin, though Atleti have hardly been much better on their travels of late.
Under 2.5 goals have been netted in each of Atleti’s last five matches on the road and while the odds available are no more than fair, we think backing under 2.5 looks the safe play here and we’re also tipping up a 0-1 correct score in favour of the leaders.
- Valladolid have failed to keep a clean sheet in 49 of their last 62 Primera Liga games
- Four of Athletic Bilbao’s 11 Primera Liga defeats this season have been by a 1-0 scoreline
Spotlight Insights combine the best data and editorial expertise to give you an extra angle.
*To use the Live Streaming service you will need to be logged in and have a funded account or to have placed a bet in the last 24 hours