- Camp Nou
- La Liga TV
- Click to Stream on bet365
- All but one of the last seven league meetings between the sides have produced under 2.5 goals.
- Under 2.5 goals have been netted in 11 of Atletico Madrid’s 17 away trips this season.
- The visitors have won just one of their last five La Liga starts on the road, losing two.
War of attrition in potential title decider
This Saturday’s set-to between Barcelona and Atletico Madrid is comfortably the biggest game of the La Liga campaign so far and we’re expecting a chess-like encounter at Camp Nou with so much riding on the result.
Barca come into this two points behind leaders Atleti, who will keep everyone guessing as to their approach in Catalonia this Saturday. Diego Simeone’s side could stand firm to try and snatch a point, although a draw could see them overtaken at the top by Real Madrid should Los Blancos beat Sevilla on Sunday.
The likelihood is that Atleti will sit deep and bide their time here, while Barca will also be keen not to expose themselves as defeat will effectively end their title challenge.
Based on the probable pattern to this mouth-watering fixture and with six of the last seven league meetings producing less than goals, we think the smart money is on under 2.5 goals here as neither side is going to give much away.
In terms of the outcome, Atleti have been wobbling in recent weeks and have seen their once sizeable advantage reduce significantly. The visitors have won just one of their last five on the road and haven’t won at Camp Nou in their last 20 visits, so we’re predicting a 1-0 score-line in favour of the hosts.
To use the Live Streaming service you will need to be logged in and have a funded account or to have placed a bet in the last 24 hours.
- Seven of the last nine Primera Liga meetings between these sides have finished with under 2.5 goals
Spotlight Insights combine the best data and editorial expertise to give you an extra angle.