Born in the south east of Ireland, Simon put his life-long love of football to good use when he started a successful independent blog in 2010. That opened up an alternative route to a career in journalism, and having had work published across a number of sites and publications, Simon joined the staff at Spotlight Sports Group in 2018.
The Premier League continued to deliver drama by the bucketful over the weekend, and with a heavy top-flight fixture flow between now and the end of the 2019/20 campaign, supporters have tons of high-octane action to look forward to.
There is yet another jam-packed mid-week schedule of action to consume over the coming days – and running alongside the more popular match result and goals markets for the games are the often overlooked but equally lucrative corners and cards options offered by the bookies.
Those particular markets require some extra elbow-grease and research to find trends worth backing – and that can sometimes be a little off-putting.
However, at FST we’ve done all the hard work to bring you the very best value in the corners and cards markets this week – and below, we’ve compiled a five-fold accumulator based on our research that comes in at a tasty 16/1
Don’t forget – you can also find all of our match previews and betting tips for the division’s mid-week matches on our Premier League predictions page.
Best bookmaker for cards and corners betting?
All of our tips and prices are quoted with bet365. They have the best range of markets for cards and corners as well as everything from match and team markets to Asian lines and handicaps for the more experienced bettors. We recommend you sign up for a bet365 account if you want to bet on cards and corners, or you can bet on mobile using their iOS app. New customers can claim up to £100 in bet credits.
Wednesday July 8
- Man City beat the -5.0 corner handicap in each of their last three meetings with Newcastle.
- The aggregate corner count from those matches was 26-2 in the Citizens’ favour.
- Man City have won more corners on average per game (7.97) than any other Premier League club this season.
Betting Tip: Man City -5.0 corner handicap @5/6
- A bone-crunching six yellow cards were shown in Sheffield United’s last meeting with Wolves in December.
- Only four clubs have committed more fouls on average per game than the Blades (11) in the Premier League so far this season.
- Wolves (11.6), meanwhile, have committed more fouls on average per away game than all but three Premier League clubs this season.
Betting Tip: Over 2.5 total cards @8/13
Thursday July 9
- With a total haul of 71 cards this season, Tottenham are the second most ill-disciplined Premier League club in 2019/20.
- Spurs picked up a massive seven cards when they last visited the Vitality Stadium.
- Tottenham are averaging 2.09 cards per 90 minutes in the Premier League this season.
Betting Tip: Over 1.5 Tottenham team cards @5/6
- 14 corners were awarded to both teams combined when Everton last faced Southampton in November.
- Southampton’s Premier League matches have averaged 11.49 corners per 90 minutes this season.
- Everton’s meanwhile, have averaged 10.43 corners per Premier League contest this term
Betting Tip: Over 10 total corners @1/1
- Man Utd won more corners than their opponents in each of their last three Premier League fixtures.
- Only six Premier League clubs have won more corners per game on average than Man Utd (5.55) this season.
- Just two clubs have conceded more corners per 90 minutes on average than Aston Villa (6.73) in the Premier League this term.
Betting Tip: Man Utd corner match bet @4/7
FST’s Corners and Cards Acca
Single bets are all well and good, but everyone loves a cheeky odds-boosting acca! This weekend we’ve gone for a tasty looking 16/1 5-fold featuring our Premier League selections from above.
More FST news
- 1 day ago
- Betting Odds
- 2 days ago
- Betting Odds