There is a whole host of exciting looking football fixtures to consume across the globe this weekend, with domestic leagues and European competitions continuing at pace across Saturday and Sunday.
Running alongside the more popular match result and goals markets for the games are the often overlooked but equally lucrative corners and cards options offered by the bookies.
Those particular markets require some extra elbow-grease and research to find trends worth backing – and that can sometimes be a little off-putting.
However, at FST we’ve done all the hard work to bring you the very best value in the corners and cards markets this week – and below, we’ve compiled a five-fold accumulator based on our research that comes in at a tasty 47/1 for a selection of the weekend’s action.
Don’t forget – you can also find all of our match previews and betting tips for all the fixtures we cover on our football predictions page.
Best bookmaker for cards and corners betting?
All of our tips and prices are quoted with bet365. They have the best range of markets for cards and corners as well as everything from match and team markets to Asian lines and handicaps for the more experienced bettors. We recommend you sign up for a bet365 account if you want to bet on cards and corners, or you can bet on mobile using their iOS app. New customers can claim up to £100 in bet credits.
Saturday, Aug 22
Rangers vs Kilmarnock (Scottish Premiership)
- Kilmarnock won nine corners to Rangers’ three when the sides last met in February.
- Only Rangers (1.25) have conceded fewer corners than Kilmarnock (2.75) on average per game so far this season.
- Kilmarnock are winning an average of 4.75 corners per Premiership game so far this term.
Betting Tip: Kilmarnock +6.0 corner handicap @1/1
Lille vs Rennes (Ligue 1)
- An average of just 9.54 corners were awarded to both teams combined in Lille’s Ligue 1 fixtures last season.
- Rennes won 124 Ligue 1 corners in total last season – a figure that places them 15th in the division in terms of corners gained.
- Only two clubs (PSG & Marseille) conceded fewer corners on average per Ligue 1 game than Lille in 2019/20.
Betting Tip: Under 10 corners @ 8/11
Dundee United vs Celtic (Scottish Premiership)
- Only two clubs have won more corners than Dundee United (25) so far in the early throes of the new Premiership campaign.
- Celtic won 13, but conceded nine corners in their first two matches of the season.
- Only two clubs have conceded fewer corners on average per game than Dundee United (4.5) this term.
Betting Tip: Dundee United +3.0 corner handicap @ 21/20
Sunday, Aug 23
Monaco vs Reims (Ligue 1)
- When Monaco and Reims last faced off in February, a total of just five corners were awarded.
- An average of just 7.0 corners were awarded to both teams combined in the clubs’ two Ligue 1 encounters last term.
- Last season, the average corner count in both Monaco and Reims’ Ligue 1 fixtures came in under 10.0 (Monaco 9.6, Reims 9.86).
Betting Tip: Under 10 total corners @ 5/6
Nice vs Lens (Ligue 1)
- The average corner count in Nice’s Ligue 1 matches last season was the second highest in the division (10.5).
- Nice conceded a huge 163 corners in total last term, the third highest figure in Ligue 1.
- Just under 300 corners were awarded overall in Nice’s Ligue 1 matches in 2019/20.
Betting Tip: Over nine total corners @ 10/11
Paris St. Germain vs Bayern Munich (Europa League)
- With a total of just nine bookings in this season’s Champions League, Bayern Munich are statistically the competition’s 4th cleanest team for 2019/20.
- In contrast, PSG have collected a joint-highest 25 cards, making them the tournament’s worst offenders alongside Atalanta.
- Not a single Bayern player was carded in two of their last three UCL knockout matches.
Betting Tip: PSG +0.0 card handicap @ 20/21
FST’s Corners and Cards Acca
Single bets are all well and good, but everyone loves a cheeky odds-boosting acca! This weekend we’ve gone for a tasty looking 47/1 6-fold featuring our selections from above.