Celta Vigo vs Leganes Predictions, Betting Tips and Match Previews
Celta Vigo vs Leganes predictions for this Friday’s game in Spain’s La Liga with the hosts hoping to build on a decent start under their new boss. Read on for our free betting tips and predictions.
Both Teams To Score @ 1/1
Celta Vigo 2-1 @ 8/1
Iago Aspas To Score Anytime @ 13/10
Reason For Celta Vigo vs Leganes Betting Tips
The Friday night game this week in La Liga comes from Balaidos where Celta Vigo play host to Leganes. The home side will be confident having picked up a bit under boss Miguel Cardoso. However Leganes have also found some real form under Mauricio Pellegrino so this is unlikely to be a simple evening for the hosts.
Celta Vigo are a bit of a mystery in many respects, not dissimilar to last season. On their day they are capable of some excellent football and have a real track record of turning over the top sides. Having already put 3 past Atletico Madrid this term, they cruised into a 3-0 lead away to Villarreal last weekend, with Spain international Brais Mendez scoring one and creating the other two. They had to survive a late rally from the hosts to record an impressive win on the road but it wasn’t enough to move them into the top half.
Leganes meanwhile are looking like a very competitive side all of a sudden. They are a big, physical team but with just enough quality to be a threat in attacking situations with Guido Carrillo impressing up top. They are unbeaten in 7 competitive games heading into this one having drawn the South Madrid derby last time out against Getafe. They’ve also started getting a few results on the road with an impressive 4-2 win over Valladolid in their most recent away match in La Liga.
The visitors are still the clear underdogs here but their recent performances suggest they can get on the score-sheet here. Leganes have scored in 6 of their last 7 games in all competitions but have just a 12% clean sheet ratio away from home in La Liga this term.
Celta Vigo meanwhile are a team that are generally involved in entertaining matches. 73% of their league games this season have seen both teams score and they average 1.87 goals per game, the second best record in the Spanish top flight. With just 1 clean sheet in 7 though, they clearly have vulnerabilities at the back and the appointment of a slightly more cautious coach has yet to really fix them. Overall backing Both Teams to Score looks pretty good here.
Going for Iago Aspas to score anytime could also be worth considering. His movement and trickery is more likely to cause more problems for this tall Leganes defence than that of target-man Maxi Gomez alongside him. Aspas is having another cracking season with 10 league goals overall and 15 of his last 17 league goals have come at home.
Head to Head
The last 6 meetings have produced 3 wins each. Both games last season ended in 1-0 home wins. All of the last 3 at Balaidos in all competitions have ended with 1-0 scorelines (2 Leganes wins, 1 for Celta).
More Spain La Liga Fixtures
Celta Vigo vs Leganes Stats
- Celta de Vigo have won their last two La Liga games and are looking to win three games in a row in the competition for the first time since February.
- Leganes are unbeaten in their last five La Liga games (W2 D3) and if they avoid defeat in this game, it will be their longest unbeaten run in their top-flight history.
- Leganes are unbeaten in their last two away league games (W1 D1), they have never gone unbeaten in three consecutive away games in their La Liga history.
- Brais Méndez has been involved in nine goals for Celta de Vigo in his last six La Liga appearances (four goals and five assists).
- Two of the three goals scored by Celta de Vigo against Leganes in the top flight have come from the penalty sport (Guidetti and Iago Aspas).
- Celta de Vigo’s Iago Aspas has scored 21 goals in La Liga in 2018, the most scored by a Spanish player this calendar year.
- In their last game against Getafe, Leganes scored from a throw-in situation (Nyom) – one of only two teams to do so in La Liga this season (also alaves).
- Leganes’ boss – Mauricio Pellegrino has failed to win in his two managerial trips to Balaídos in all competitions (D1 L1), failing to score each time.
|Bookie||Home Win||Draw||Away Win||Offer|
|Bookie||Home & Yes||Away & Yes||Offer|
|Bookie||Under 0.5||Over 0.5||Under 1.5||Over 1.5||Under 2.5||Over 2.5||Under 3.5||Over 3.5||Under 4.5||Over 4.5||Under 5.5||Over 5.5||Under 6.5||Over 6.5||Under 7.5||Over 7.5||Under 8.5||Over 8.5||Under 9.5||Over 9.5||Offer|
|Bookie||Home -1||Away +1||Home -2||Away +2||Home -3||Away +3||Home -4||Away +4||Home -5||Away +5||Away -1||Home +1||Away -2||Home +2||Away -3||Home +3||Home +4||Home +5||Offer|
Published: December 14, 2018
Our match preview predictions are fully researched and provided in good faith but no profits are guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly, you should only ever gamble with money you can afford to lose. Visit our responsible gambling guidelines for more information. 18+