Born in the south east of Ireland, Simon put his life-long love of football to good use when he started a successful independent blog in 2010. That opened up an alternative route to a career in journalism, and having had work published across a number of sites and publications, Simon joined the staff at Spotlight Sports Group in 2018.
We’ve decided to switch things up a little for Sunday’s cards and corners predictions and betting tips, where we’ve chosen to focus on some fixtures with a distinct continental flavour.
This week, we’ve selected matches from the Netherlands’ Eredivisie, Ligue 1 in France, the Bundesliga and Italy’s Serie A, and our six selections combine to form a cracking looking 23/1 acca, which you can find below.
We’ve also picked out our best value cards and corners single from the same set of games. Make sure to check it out further down the page – and remember you can find more betting tips and predictions for the weekend’s action over on our match predictions page.
Best bookmaker for cards and corners betting?
All of our tips and prices are quoted with bet365. They have the best range of markets for cards and corners as well as everything from match and team markets to Asian lines and handicaps for the more experienced bettors. We recommend you sign up for a bet365 account if you want to bet on cards and corners, or you can bet on mobile using their iOS app. New customers can claim up to £100 in bet credits.
23/1 European cards and corners acca
15:45 – Ajax vs Feyenoord (Eredivisie)
- Ajax are winning an average of 8.25 corners per Eredivisie home game so far this season.
- In addition, Ajax have also conceded an average of 4.25 corners per league home game.
- Both Ajax (139) and Feyenoord (102) rank in the Eredivisie’s top four for total corners won this season.
Betting tip: Over 10.0 Corners @ 10/11
16:00 – Lille vs Reims (Ligue 1)
- Reims have collected a bone-crunching 39 yellow and five red cards in 19 Ligue 1 fixtures this season.
- Only Strasbourg (13) have picked up fewer cards at home in Ligue 1 (15) than Lille this term.
- Reims had four players cautioned to Lille’s one when the teams last met in August.
Betting tip: Reims +0.0 Card Handicap @8/11
17:00 – Eintracht Frankfurt vs Schalke 04 (Bundesliga)
- A combined 22 cards were shown in the last three meetings between Eintracht Frankfurt and Schalke – an average of 7.33 per 90 minutes.
- Frankfurt and Schalke sit joint top of the Bundesliga ill-discipline table this season having collected 39 cards each so far.
- There has been a sending off in each of the last three meetings between Eintracht Frankfurt and Schalke.
Betting tip: Over 4.5 Total Cards @5/6
19:45 – Inter Milan vs Juventus (Serie A)
- An average of just 7.63 corners have been awarded to both teams combined in Inter’s home games this season – the third lowest figure in the entire division.
- An average of 9.88 corners have been awarded to both teams combined in Juventus’ away fixtures this term.
- The last two Serie A clashes between these teams averaged 9.0 corners per 90 minutes.
Betting tip: Under 10.0 Corners @1/1
20:00 – Lyon vs Metz (Ligue 1)
- Lyon have won more corners at home on average per game (8.67) than any other Ligue 1 team this season.
- Only Strasbourg (2.8) have won fewer corners per away game on average than Metz (3.22) so far this term.
- Lyon won seven corners to Metz’s two when the teams last squared off at the Groupama Stadium.
Betting tip: Lyon -3.0 Corner Handicap @21/20
Best value single: Ozan Kabak to get booked @11/10
Highly regarded youngster Ozan Kabak has been tipped for a career at the top, though the 20-year-old Schalke centre-half still has some rough edges to his game.
The defender – who has regularly been linked with a move to Premier League giants Liverpool – has been booked four times in 10 Bundesliga appearances this season, while his haul of two yellow cards from three starts for Turkey since last summer further highlights his nasty habit of tackling his way into the referee’s notebook.
Schalke’s clash with Eintracht Frankfurt on Sunday is expected to be ill-tempered and Kabak won’t be far away from the skirmishing.
More FST News:
- 39 min ago
- Big Wins
- 1 day ago
- Betting Odds